Other California medical Lcense

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRZIVAR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard applying for California medical license is kind of strict specially for foreign medical graduates. They also have a fingerprint background check that needs to be done. If a person had an infraction that’s been expunged does he or she need to report that to the medical board?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know infractions were expunged... Most states don't consider them criminal offences - traffic violations, loitering jaywalking are all typical infractions. Regardless, any expunged criminal offence (typically misdemeanor or felony, but if an infraction was actually expunged, then that as well) does not need to be reported.

The board application will make it clear if you need to disclose or not. At least that's the way it was at the state I applied

Members don't see this ad :)
Ca medical board even requires speeding tickets disclosed. They are by far the worst

A California medical license will take at least six months. It will be bureaucratic, disorganized, and extraordinarily frustrating.

Reactions: 1 user
A California medical license will take at least six months. It will be bureaucratic, disorganized, and extraordinarily frustrating.
I was told the same for TX. It's crazy! I just got a medical license and it took < 2 wks after I submitted all the documents.

Reactions: 1 user