BU vs. Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthcaree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go to Pitt although I am waiting for BU too :laugh: But the reason that I want to go to BU is because it is the cheaper one that I am waitlisted/not rejected at so..... cheaper is better!

i'll have family moving down there so the cost of living will basically be so very minimal :D as an international student, there is not really many ways to reduce cost :oops:

i've known that tufts is not accepting many canadians this year so :|

hm wait, did you not receive a scholarship from BU? it should not be that big of a difference then?

Actually, its more like 300 students for 100 chairs. Up to 115 from each the dmdIII and dmdIV classes, plus 75 advanced standing foreign dentists. Instead of reducing the number of students, or adding more operatories, or controlling tuition hikes, they are building a dental school in Dubai.

When you factor in that each chair is assigned to a single department (only perio or operative or remo, etc), the real number of operatories available shrinks fast. The school has tried making booking appointments easier with online booking (thank God since people used to camp outside school at 4am for hours until the doors opened just to book appointments). But that does not solve the fact that their facilities, vanishing instructors, and small patient pool cannot support that many students. Which is why their graduation quotas are so shockingly low.

Last edited: