General Admissions & OTCAS BS/MS Bay Path College 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shinybluedolphin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to make a thread for anyone pursuing the BS/MS in Occupational Therappy route for Bay Path College?
I got accepted recently, and just recently got my financial aid package. I got scholarships, but it still comes out to be about 20k a year for if I dorm. Is this worth it? I have 2 years of undergraduate still left so the financial package will probably be the same for the next year, and then my last year would be I'd be a graduate student.. so I believe it's about 30k for that last year.
I really don't know how much people pay for OT school, and Im coming from a community college which is very expensive. How do people deal with all these loans? What's the best way to go about paying for school?

Anyways, I'd love if students who are attending the school already commented/ and if there is anyone else in the same boat as me could share what they plan to do/ etc. Student testimonials.

I would especially value testimonials about paying for school, because that is the biggest factor for me right now. Any advice (from ANYONE from any school) is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just wanted to make a thread for anyone pursuing the BS/MS in Occupational Therappy route for Bay Path College?
I got accepted recently, and just recently got my financial aid package. I got scholarships, but it still comes out to be about 20k in loans if I dorm.. Is this worth it?
I really don't know how much people pay for OT school, and Im coming from a community college which is very expensive. How do people deal with all these loans? What's the best way to go about paying for school?

Anyways, I'd love if students who are attending the school already commented/ and if there is anyone else in the same boat as me could share what they plan to do/ etc. Student testimonials.

I would especially value testimonials about paying for school, because that is the biggest factor for me right now. Any advice (from ANYONE from any school) is appreciated.

I'm totally on the same boat! How did you hear about your financial aid package? I emailed the financial aid office at Bay Path, and someone told me I won't hear anything about it until May :(

I personally think that 20k for grad school is a steal! Most schools in my area are about 100k for the whole program, so I'm okay with being 60k in debt lol. I'm thinking of just getting loans though... it'll be extremely difficult to pay them off but not impossible, I think. Also, depending on where you're from, the board of education may have some work/study scholarships for OT students. They will pay off your whole tuition and you'd just have to work for them for about 2-5 years. Maybe you can look into that?

Amy,
did you also apply for the BS/MOT option for Bay Path?
I got accepted the beginning of February, and I got an email from Bay Path saying if I filed my FAFSA by February 15th, then I will receive my financial aid package in March. And I did! I got a big envelope in the mail about 4 days ago that has my financial aid package.

I made a mistake in my first post, I meant to say it'd be about 20k a YEAR (for the first two undergradute years) if I dorm.

I'm about to graduate community college this year, so I plan to enter as a junior. I got a lot of scholarships bcuz I'm coming from a community college. My total financial aid package is around $31,000 (including the federal loans) .. so I still have 12k I'd have to pay for the year unfortunately :-/

What's your situation if I may ask? If BPC your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, did you get accepted to be part of the Honors Program? They give a $1500 scholarship if you decide to be part of it. I think you have to take an extra class every year though. Do you know much about the area in MA? I'm planning to go to the Accepted Students Day; That'll be my first time visiting.

Oh. Wow. I'm sorry, I completely overlooked the BS/MS part. I already have my Bachelor's (in psychology) and I'm going in as a graduate student. I'm not in debt (I was fortunate enough to have my parents help me with my tuition when I was an undergrad), so I'm entering the program knowing that I'm going to owe lots of money afterwards. I'm from NYC and most OT programs here are about $100k (not including dorms, book) for the 2 years, so 70k doesn't sound so terrible. BPC isn't my top choice though-- I would rather stay in NYC. So if I get into a school here, I will most likely attend despite the fact that I'll owe more once I graduate.

Quite honestly though, 20k a year for undergrad still doesn't seem too much. Because of the field that you're going into, it will be expensive regardless where you decide to attend. Also, the field isn't low-paying, so if you do end up owing a lot then at least you know you'll be living comfortably once you graduate. You just have to smart about managing your money. I say, if you're able to pay the rest of the tuition out-of-pocket, do it! It may take a few years to pay off, but it's definitely worth it. There are always more scholarships for when you're considered a grad student, so you have time to look into that. You just do what you have to do, you know? :)