Suggestion Bring back the Threadloom search, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before the update, the forum had 2 different search engine options: Xenforo and Threadloom.

Of those 2, I always found that Threadloom was markedly better at catching all of the relevant posts that fit under a search term and ordering them chronologically. Threadloom also had the advantage of letting you sort through posts in a thread by poster, which was really helpful in situations where people would say "oh, so and so had a great post on this in the ____ thread," particularly for large threads like the old What are my Chances thread on pre-vet.

Can we please bring the Threadloom search back? The new search function is extremely limited compared to it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I would just like to second this. I really miss the threadloom search function.

Yeah, it's near impossible to cross-reference things unless I want to manually comb through each page of a thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Restored!
Before the update, the forum had 2 different search engine options: Xenforo and Threadloom.

Of those 2, I always found that Threadloom was markedly better at catching all of the relevant posts that fit under a search term and ordering them chronologically. Threadloom also had the advantage of letting you sort through posts in a thread by poster, which was really helpful in situations where people would say "oh, so and so had a great post on this in the ____ thread," particularly for large threads like the old What are my Chances thread on pre-vet.

Can we please bring the Threadloom search back? The new search function is extremely limited compared to it.

I would just like to second this. I really miss the threadloom search function.

Yeah, it's near impossible to cross-reference things unless I want to manually comb through each page of a thread.

I fully support bringing back threadloom. It made navigating SDN posts in multipage threads a lot easier

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
@supershorty - Unfortunately, Threadloom has decided to withdraw support for their forums products, including both the digest newsletter and the search. The sunset date is the beginning of November, but we went ahead and removed them this past weekend so we could be sure everything would work correctly once they were taken down before they stopped support fully.

We really liked the Threadloom products as well and were disappointed when they announced that they were discontinuing them.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users