Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Update***

spoke to one of the BU master bridge program students from last year (didn’t want interview to be awkward) and they did dismiss a quarter of the D1 class and there is always a few students who have to repeat the year.
they dismissed D1s in Oct 2021 that started in the fall, or they dismissed 1/4 of the D1s from the 2020-21 class?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if they are still sending invitations for international trained dentist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this something to be worried about? While looking into the school
For me personally it’s a factor. It’s hard enough just getting in dental school and for that many students to be dismissed is a 🚩🚩🚩. I understand one or two but a quarter of the class is a lot and to me it speaks to the support of their students and that’s REALLY important to me. I can’t imagine that debt with no degree

Reactions: 2 users
Snapshot isn’t required!
Is this true? I did Casper already but was just looking on their website and it says "We encourage applicants to take the CASPer online situational judgment test and complete the Snapshot video. Applicants who are invited to interview are required to complete CASPer." ............so now i'm nervous that because I just did Casper and not snapshot I won't hear back. SOS!

For me personally it’s a factor. It’s hard enough just getting in dental school and for that many students to be dismissed is a 🚩🚩🚩. I understand one or two but a quarter of the class is a lot and to me it speaks to the support of their students and that’s REALLY important to me. I can’t imagine that debt with no degree
Do we know why they were dismissed?

Apparently failing a course is what he said earlier. I’d definitely like to hear more about it if possible
That’s interesting. I guess I don’t remember hearing about a remediation policy during my interview unless anyone else did?

The BU website says that acceptances will start going out dec 1, but last year's went out on dec 15.
When do we think this year's acceptances will go out?

The BU website says that acceptances will start going out dec 1, but last year's went out on dec 15.
When do we think this year's acceptances will go out?
December 1, last year it was delaed by ADEA FOR COVID TO ALLOW FOR MORE INTERVIEWS PRIOR

Are they done? is it a bad sign if i havent heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 1:01 am central time! Don't assume it's over yet! The people I met with from student affairs said there's hope until late spring : )

Accepted 2am EST with scholarship

Last edited:
accepted at 12:00 am Pacific time!!!!!

Accepted 2am EST with scholarship
how much did you get if you don't mind sharing? and did you have to do anything extra to receive it (forms, etc)? I don't have any scholarships for the schools I was accepted to, but not sure if its bc im working right now or not 😭

they dismissed D1s in Oct 2021 that started in the fall, or they dismissed 1/4 of the D1s from the 2020-21 class?
I'm pretty sure there has to be a good reason for this, perhaps students were caught cheating or something else. There is no way a school would release a quarter of the class for "failing", if this news is indeed true. Not only do they lose revenue, but it looks really bad on the school and their curriculum. We definitely need more information on the matter.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone class GroupMe or chat for the entering class?

I'm pretty sure there has to be a good reason for this, perhaps students were caught cheating or something else. There is no way a school would release a quarter of the class for "failing", if this news is indeed true. Not only do they lose revenue, but it looks really bad on the school and their curriculum. We definitely need more information on the matter.
There’s a couple of dental students on IG from BU that are pretty responsive and might have the details you’re looking for.

There’s a couple of dental students on IG from BU that are pretty responsive and might have the details you’re looking for.
did you talk with them? what did they say about the situation?

This may be just cause of the excitement, but anyone know the DMD26 scrubs color?

Reactions: 3 users
I talked to a BU dental student recently; to clarify the expulsions of 1/4 of the class, there was a cheating scandal a few years ago where a student obtained a copy of an exam before test day and distributed it to several others. Those with the copy obviously aced the exam, which prompted an investigation due to abnormal score distribution. The school eventually found the guilty individuals and released these students from the program.

I talked to a BU dental student recently; to clarify the expulsions of 1/4 of the class, there was a cheating scandal a few years ago where a student obtained a copy of an exam before test day and distributed it to several others. Those with the copy obviously aced the exam, which prompted an investigation due to abnormal score distribution. The school eventually found the guilty individuals and released these students from the program.
Thanks this is super helpful

So this is not true. I am one of the students that were dismissed last year. The cheating scandal that you are referring to happened about four years ago with the class of students that just graduated in May 2021 and no one was dismissed when it happened. Students had old exams from past years and over half the class got As and the professor was suspicious found out that the class had old exams and the entire class had to retake the exam and then someone still cheated and that ONE student was dismissed.

Last year there was no cheating scandals or anything like that. It really is as simple as not passing one class. I think if you fail two classes you don't get to take a remediation exam and you're automatically dismissed I'm not sure. If you don't pass a class in fall or spring if the promotions committee allows you to take a remediation exam it's in the summer while you are on APEX. If you don't pass the 5 hour remediation exam then they dismiss you from the program. You can appeal the decision but best anybody received is doing the entire year over no matter if you received As in your other courses or not. BU administrators like to brag about having one of the hardest dental school curriculums in the country and Idk about the entire country but definitely the most stressful in the Boston area. It is something I wish I would've known before b/c its not the case at all dental schools. I think it was close to 30 students not passing this class then im not sure how many exactly but I believe at least 12-15 of us did not pass the remediation exam and were dismissed immediately.

This may be just cause of the excitement, but anyone know the DMD26 scrubs color?
It will probably be Burgundy but no sense in worrying about it the school orders them for you. so sorry no figs lol

It will probably be Burgundy but no sense in worrying about it the school orders them for you. so sorry no figs lol
I'm not sure if you're aware but each class gets a different color scrub and stays with that color for four years. You also can't predict the next class's scrub color since they don't announce that in advance, so burgundy is not realistic.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're aware but each class gets a different color scrub and stays with that color for four years. You also can't predict the next class's scrub color since they don't announce that in advance, so burgundy is not realistic.
Yeah I thought this was true! Regardless, Figs it is!

I'm aware idk if it was clear or not but I attended BU Dental school last year haha. Students have not in the past had a say in the color. The class gets assigned for the four years but it typically follows a pattern. ( why I said probably:giggle:) I know many classes before you have asked the administrators if they can switch to figs and they would not budge but things can change🤞

Last edited:
So this is not true. I am one of the students that were dismissed last year. The cheating scandal that you are referring to happened about four years ago with the class of students that just graduated in May 2021 and no one was dismissed when it happened. Students had old exams from past years and over half the class got As and the professor was suspicious found out that the class had old exams and the entire class had to retake the exam and then someone still cheated and that ONE student was dismissed.

Last year there was no cheating scandals or anything like that. It really is as simple as not passing one class. I think if you fail two classes you don't get to take a remediation exam and you're automatically dismissed I'm not sure. If you don't pass a class in fall or spring if the promotions committee allows you to take a remediation exam it's in the summer while you are on APEX. If you don't pass the 5 hour remediation exam then they dismiss you from the program. You can appeal the decision but best anybody received is doing the entire year over no matter if you received As in your other courses or not. BU administrators like to brag about having one of the hardest dental school curriculums in the country and Idk about the entire country but definitely the most stressful in the Boston area. It is something I wish I would've known before b/c its not the case at all dental schools. I think it was close to 30 students not passing this class then im not sure how many exactly but I believe at least 12-15 of us did not pass the remediation exam and were dismissed immediately.
Sorry to bother you, but would you mind explaining which course(s) were the causes of such drama? BU was one of my top choices and still is, but before I make a commitment I'd like to know the root cause of this. Was it the professors that were not teaching the material well, or was the content extremely difficult? Were all these expelled students from your class, and if so, why was it just your class that struggled?

Sorry to bother you, but would you mind explaining which course(s) were the causes of such drama? BU was one of my top choices and still is, but before I make a commitment I'd like to know the root cause of this. Was it the professors that were not teaching the material well, or was the content extremely difficult? Were all these expelled students from your class, and if so, why was it just your class that struggled?
I am wondering the same thing. I was at BU last year doing their M.S. OHS program and never heard anything like this. I'm going to try to get in contact with some of the dental students that I meet last year and ask them questions about this. I'll post here what they tell me.

I talked to a student that is a D2 this year so they were a D1 with the class that the person claims lost 1/4 of students. I was told that at least from their knowledge 8 students failed their remediation exams so they either had to repeat D1 year, transfer or drop out. There may more students that failed but she only knows for sure 8 didn't pass their remediation. So yes there could have been 12-15 that had to repeat, transfer or drop out.

Having had taken dental classes trough the OHS program I would have to say the classes that most likely people failed were physiology, biochemistry or pathology. The professors at BU teach well and they care that you learn the material. Its for sure not the way they teach. I wouldn't say the material is crazy hard, its just that its a lot of material from more than one class all at once. The hard part about the classes is the way the exams ask questions. You really have to be on your toes and read carefully what the questions are asking. In other words the questions kinda are asked in a way that try to trick you.

I asked another D2 students about the situation and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Hi, did anyone send a letter of intent to [email protected]? I sent one a few days ago and didn't hear back anything saying that they're adding it to the file, so I was wondering if that happened to others, too.

• Hmm
Hi, did anyone send a letter of intent to [email protected]? I sent one a few days ago and didn't hear back anything saying that they're adding it to the file, so I was wondering if that happened to others, too.
i did that last year and yess they did the same thing

I received an email the next day saying the letter was added to my file, maybe they're busy or on vacation since it is nearing Christmas.

I made a GroupMe…

You're invited to my new group 'BU GSDM Class of ‘26 🦷' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe