Coursework & Fieldwork Books used in OT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILUVOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to ask this question to anyone who is currently enrolled in Misericordia's MSOT program or has completed it; however, students from other OT schools are welcome to leave their suggestions or book recommendations.

I am beginning OT school in August 2014 and I want to the be ahead of the curriculum by studying some the human anatomy, neuroscience, and mental health material now. I would like some suggestions on what books were useful during study outside of the class. Which were particularly helpful in understanding the human body, and why? Which were easier to maneuver through?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would read up on anatomy/physiology and clinical diagnosis. And maybe psychology of the lifespan will be helpful.

Any anatomy or physiology will help you in your first semester. Also glance through the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF) that highlights the domain and practice of OT practitioners. Other than that...I would recommend that you take it easy over the next couple of weeks. You will do plenty of reading in your program and you don't want to overwhelm yourself before you begin :)

Reactions: 1 user