Books & Articles to read about healthcare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TehTeddy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings SDN,

In preparation for interviews next month (and in general), I'm trying to read up on the American healthcare system and its issues.
So far I have "An American Sickness" by Elizabeth Rosenthal and "The Healthcare Handbook" by Askin & Moore on my list. Does anybody have other recommendations, whether it be books, articles, videos, etc.?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Read some of Atul Gawande's New Yorker articles if you want some excellent writing on issues with the American Healthcare System. Scroll back before this year (where it's all been COVID stuff): Atul Gawande | The New Yorker

The "Cost Conundrum" articles in 2009 and 2010 are particularly great, but just about everything is worth a read.

Reactions: 2 users
Greetings SDN,

In preparation for interviews next month (and in general), I'm trying to read up on the American healthcare system and its issues.
So far I have "An American Sickness" by Elizabeth Rosenthal and "The Healthcare Handbook" by Askin & Moore on my list. Does anybody have other recommendations, whether it be books, articles, videos, etc.?

Thanks!

Vinay Prasad’s “Malignant” and “Ending Medical Reversal”

Reactions: 2 users