Board Resources alongside Two-Pass, Organ Systems Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrubb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow SDNers,

For those of you who have a curriculum that covers phys/anatomy for all systems first year and path/pharm/micro for all systems second year (i.e. "two pass" curriculum like at KCU and RVU), what boards resources did you use first year given that you didn't see much, if any, path/pharm/micro?

I've been using Boards and Beyond videos alongside lecture for basic sciences, but now that we're starting systems I'm assuming it will be a little difficult given we will only cover normal phys/anat in class.

Could anyone who's been/going through a curriculum like this advise? Would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it'll be that different. I'm at TCOM and we have a two pass system. I've had to use BnB to refresh basic physiology for neuro and renal so far, then I hit up path with Pathoma+BnB+Robbins(required here for certain profs). Sketchy Pharm for the long-term retention, but our pharm lectures are really simplistic/easy. I do questions to help test myself and anki stuff otherwise. I'm amaze at how fast the phys comes back and how "simple" it was when you're not learning it for the first time. You'll be fine.

I would do the Zanki phys cards in that scenario, and then do the path cards second year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do the Zanki phys cards in that scenario, and then do the path cards second year.

I’ve been doing Lightyear, so maybe I can just “suspend” a lot of the ones involving path until next year?

Would USMLE Rx be worthwhile with just phys/anat, or no?

I’ve been doing Lightyear, so maybe I can just “suspend” a lot of the ones involving path until next year?

Would USMLE Rx be worthwhile with just phys/anat, or no?

Yeah the lightyear deck has pretty specific tags, so you should be able to sort out the path cards and only focus on the phys and basic science. No I wouldn't bother with USMLE Rx or other q banks right now.