Bio-Reference Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Appears, there is going to be one less competitor soon. LabCorp is now owns pieces of it. I'm sure at some point the other pieces will be owned by someone else as well. Don't want to upset the FTC of course.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Appears, there is going to be one less competitor soon. LabCorp is now owns pieces of it. I'm sure at some point the other pieces will be owned by someone else as well. Don't want to upset the FTC of course.

Quest and Labcorp still have deep pockets and there's no stop on the horizon. They're going to start buying up more AP practices next.

Reactions: 1 users
Quest and Labcorp still have deep pockets and there's no stop on the horizon. They're going to start buying up more AP practices next.

If the rumors are to be believed the other pieces of bioreference are for sale as well. Opko health is done losing money trying to be "labcorp or quest lite" so they seem to want out of the lab bidness. The dumped the clinical lab and "womens health" divisions to labcorp last week. We have used them for bone marrows over the years so I will watching to see who they dump the other divisions off too.

There is a stop on the horizon. Labs aren't the universe. They aren't expanding forever. At some point there isn't anything to buy. Then you hope for a game changer I guess. Maybe that blonde girl wasting away in a Texas penetentiary gets out around that time and shakes up the industry.

Reactions: 1 user