Best way to prepare for NAPLEX..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marymoonu

marymoonu
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on how to prepare for the NAPLEX. I've been reviewing with the APhA Complete Review, but I was wondering what else is worthwhile. I've heard mixed opinions about practice tests like Kaplan, etc. Please help, I'm nervous! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I just got back from the Walgreens Kaplan review. I'm fine with the book they provided. The instructors even told us what gets covered on the exam and what doesn't. If you have a chance to go to a review session, I really recommend it.

Perhaps a shameless plug for Test Prep Week. Exhibitors have already started posting material. You can ask questions all week long of the individual test makers. Might even win free stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know whassup with morris cody for california law...is it any good...anyone want to sell their morris cody stuff..

morris cody is useless. just choose the kaplan book and study just that you will pass, this test is a joke!! trust me I got c's in pharm school and I thought naplex was soooo easy if you just study the kaplan. its as simple as that.

Thats good to hear...Im signed up for the kaplan review through walgreens....how bout the cali law?

Walgreens offered a Kaplan Federal/Florida law review here. It's on the last day of the 4 day review. They don't do that in California?

Ya ours has a review also for law. I just wasnt sure if law did a good job covering cali law or not, since our law test is mostly clinical .

Ya ours has a review also for law. I just wasnt sure if law did a good job covering cali law or not, since our law test is mostly clinical .

The way I look at it, they want you to pass. So, they most likely get someone who knows the law test inside out. Our questions are written by the Florida Pharmacy board members. The teacher the Walgreens supplied was a PharmD/JD who represents pharmacists and is at every board meeting. He's familiar with all the cases which make prime questions for the exam. He really seemed on top of everything.

I am going to be attending the CVS Southern Cal Grad Intern meeting in early June. They are doing the same thing as Walgreens is with orientation and then subsequent NAPLEX and then law review. My understanding is that they are going to bring in Dr. Fred Weissman from USC College of Pharmacy who is supposed to be a CPJE/Cali law guru. I am sure Walgreens will bring him in as well. In a way, it may be a good thing that there is less actual law stuff on the CPJE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think lawtechpublishing has a California Law Book and CD-ROM as well as a California Law for Pharmacists by Marcus and Cohen but it's a 2005 edition. I was thinking about purchasing the Weissman book but not sure where I can go to order that. Any info on how to get that would be greatly appreciated. As far as other resources, I am really hoping to get some good guidance when I go through the CPJE review with Dr. Weissman in a few weeks at the CVS meeting.

Admittedly I have been devoting my time and effort to prepping for NAPLEX and trying to get some work hours in. All these licensing application fees and NAPLEX fees aren't exactly cheap.

I was thinking about buying the Kaplan Qbank for 3 months and Kaplan notes. Now I think I should attend the Kaplan review course.

Thank you all for a great advice.

Im just going to read weissman also. I havent started yet. Im just studying for the naplex as of now, but that is the plan for me also.

im about 100 pages into the Weissman book, its pretty easy reading. I want to get the Morris Cody deal but it seems expensive when you dont really know what youre buying? anyone buy that or the Kaplan?

Im going to the kaplan review in about 2 weeks and I think they give you a book, Ill let u know if its any good. I bought the qbank and it seems ok...Some questions seem helpful and some seem irrelevant.

Im going to the kaplan review in about 2 weeks and I think they give you a book, Ill let u know if its any good. I bought the qbank and it seems ok...Some questions seem helpful and some seem irrelevant.

Yes, they give you the book. As they go through each section they say what is stressed on the exam and what areas you can just review. The book is all that I am using. The instructors also give you helpful advice for making educated guesses. I spent one day going through the book. I'll probably spend several days doing same calculations, kinetic problems and TPNs.

well its a bummer phseez doesnt want to share his USERID and PASSWORD to the QBANK...i dont see why not....but since hes being that way i guess i dont need to share the morris-cody law stuff i just scored

well its a bummer phseez doesnt want to share his USERID and PASSWORD to the QBANK...i dont see why not....but since hes being that way i guess i dont need to share the morris-cody law stuff i just scored

Well, he spent a couple hundred dollars for 3 months of access. Why should he give it to you for free?