Best qbank for COMLEX 2, COMAT shelf exams, and Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetD2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know these types of threads have been posted before, but that was back in 2010, and with the new COMAT shelf exams I haven't gotten a real sense from the fourth years at my school regarding a consensus on the best qbanks.

I plan on taking USMLE Step 2 as well as COMLEX 2, along with the COMAT shelf exams during the year. Does anybody who's had experience with the major qbanks for step 2 (USMLE World, Comquest, Combank) have any recommendations as to what's best? At this point I'm thinking UWorld of course along with Comquest and Savarese. Here are my questions:

1. Do I REALLY need to splurge on both combank and comquest? I only did like 500 questions from combank last year in the 2 days between step 1 and comlex 1 and made a 588 (thus I felt like UWorld prepared me ok), but I heard that step 2 and comlex 2 are much more different from one another than step 1 and comlex 1.

2. Any comments on qbanks helpful for the new COMAT shelf exams?

3. Our school buys Kaplan qbanks for us - is it worth my time to go through those in addition to the other resources I'm using (other qbanks, B&W, USMLE 2 Secrets, questions out of different books such as pre test)

Not sure how the poll thing works, so I'll put answer options here in case it won't let me do so after the thread is posted.

What do you recommend in terms of question banks (to be used throughout the year, for shelf study as well as board review)?
A. UWorld + Combank + Comquest
B. UWorld + Comquest
C. UWorld + Combank
D. UWorld + Comquest + Combank + Kaplan
E. UWorld + Comquest + Kaplan

**Thanks VERY MUCH in advance for any advice!!**

Members don't see this ad.

Im worried about comlex more than usmle. I heard they changed the scaling and people were going down by 120 points on comlex II compared to their comlex I score.