Best Private Med Schools in Egypt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalschooley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an American High School student who is an Egyptian dual citizen who will graduate this year. I plan on returning to finish my medical school fromEgypt for several important reasons then I plan on returning back to finish my residency here...I have many important questions that if you could help me answer i would be greatly appreciative of.

1. Which is the better school to graduate from, public or private?
2. Which is the best private medical school in Egypt?
3. What are the requirements necessary for the private medical schools in egypt? SAT1, SAT2's and how many?
4. The pass rate of graduates who sat for the USMLE at these private schools?

If anyone could answer any of these questions that would be great!. Also feel free to add any other thoughts or facts.

Members don't see this ad.

hi medical schooley, i was in ure same situation, only 10 years ago. to answer ure questions, there are only 2 private medical schools in cairo. october 6 university, and MUST university, which are both located in the october district in cairo. i personally graduated from oct. 6 uni(O6U) which is by far the a lot more efficient than the other university. there are many public medical schools to goto here. ofcourse the best would be cairo university. the only thing is that ull be surrounded by a class of 900 people.
in terms of which is better to graduate from, since ure going back for residency after completing ure usmle's it wont matter where u graduate since u will be an IMG in either case. so my advise would be to goto O6U , check out there site. and im not so sure about there reuirments, but i think all u need would be a SAT1.

did u hear abt mansoura manchester programme??? u better check it out, it is private new system of medical education using the manchester method...PBL(problem based learning)..... it has been 3 years now till it was launched...... just type mansoura manchester on google and u can access its offical website... good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have looked at the mansoura program but it doesn't feel very suitable. But for what specific reasons would you choose O6U over MUST and why. Also if you could, please tell me your experiences there and the pros and cons, and if you don't mind me asking what are you doing right now?

well, there are a lot of reasons why o6u is far better than MUST. first of all they have twice the hospitial size, more effiecient staff and lecturers, and the simple fact that who ever dropped out of 06U would continue failing in MUST. i have freinds in MUST that say that some of the profesors dont show up a lot for classes, they use credit hours which they dont really understand the concept of here in egypt. most ppl who graduate cant secure a job from MUST. its why O6U is almost double the price and more diverse way of studying and on a national level far more superior hands down. i graduated from 06U class of 06 and got offered a junior surgical resident post after internship year. which ive learned a lot from. currenlty im doing my usmle's (finished CS &CK) taking step 1 in august.
As far as the mansoura thing goes. i dont recommend taking a "course" like program for something as heavy as medicine. moreover in egypt they arent still sophistacated enough to be using this type of teaching. and as far as i know im not even sure if its approved by the supreme council for educational affairs in egypt.

Dear guys..
Im High school student and live in Egypt..

i'm going to study medicine in Egypt next year..

But as being palestinian i dont know alot about the medical schools in egypt..
and aslo dont know if the Private medical school are really Qualified ??

Who can help ;)
and thanks ...:)

Hello, I wanted to know is it taught in arabic or english? My father is from Eygpt but I was brought up in the US, so my arabic is very basic. Any input would be great.

i am an egyptian student but i am living in the UAE, i want to study medicine in egypt but i am facing some problems with choosing a university
nowdays they say that all the government universities are falling apart, they have no facilities, hardly any equipped labs in addition to the large student number, therfore students of medicine dont get a chance for propper education, is this true?
and at the same time there is 6th of october university, its the total opposite to the withdraws stated above but people still say that the professors there are not very good, and the students' academic level is much lower than of that of students studying in government universities, also some people say that it is not recognized by many countries in the world, is this true?
thank you

i am an egyptian student but i am living in the UAE, i want to study medicine in egypt but i am facing some problems with choosing a university
nowdays they say that all the government universities are falling apart, they have no facilities, hardly any equipped labs in addition to the large student number, therfore students of medicine dont get a chance for propper education, is this true?
and at the same time there is 6th of october university, its the total opposite to the withdraws stated above but people still say that the professors there are not very good, and the students' academic level is much lower than of that of students studying in government universities, also some people say that it is not recognized by many countries in the world, is this true?
thank you

if any one has any info or past experience pls share
im in the same case but im living in bahrain instead:(

thx

Hello Menna and Hiba, I had an experience at Ain shams University, and i traveled last year to US. I want to say that governmental medical schools aren't that "bad" as people say. Governmental universities are far much better than private ones. In fact, there is no comparison between both. Sadly, most medical schools in Egypt aren't well accredited world wide. You should put this into consideration. Most of what u r saying, menna, is sadly true. However, learning medicine in Egypt is tough, and competition is extremely high. If you excel in it, you will be properly educated. It depends on u. So, i have to be honest with u and say that if u have a chance to study in UAE or Bahrain (u have royal college as a perfect choice btw :)), just go for it.

hi medical schooley, i was in ure same situation, only 10 years ago. to answer ure questions, there are only 2 private medical schools in cairo. october 6 university, and MUST university, which are both located in the october district in cairo. i personally graduated from oct. 6 uni(O6U) which is by far the a lot more efficient than the other university. there are many public medical schools to goto here. ofcourse the best would be cairo university. the only thing is that ull be surrounded by a class of 900 people.
in terms of which is better to graduate from, since ure going back for residency after completing ure usmle's it wont matter where u graduate since u will be an IMG in either case. so my advise would be to goto O6U , check out there site. and im not so sure about there reuirments, but i think all u need would be a SAT1.

Hello. I realize this thread is pretty old but am in sorta the same situation. I just recently graduated from a US university with a bachelor degree and as a Syrian American wanted to complete medical school in Egypt since I have plans to work in the middle east anyway after medical school. I was wondering if I can get some advice as to whether this is a good idea or any thoughts from those who have completed this path of going to medical school abroad in Egypt. Anything helps! Thanks!

can I ask you please what are the fees like ? thanks