Best country for post-graduation in Medicine as an IMG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pipi314

Reaction score
Hello good humans. I'm a new member, and also new to medical life. I am a first-year student in a Bangladeshi medical college. It'd be much appreciated if some of you could take out some time and answer some questions I had about pursuing higher education in the medical field abroad:

1) Which country would be best to move to for doing PG as an IMG (international medical graduate)? I have England and Australia in mind.
2) I know that there is the PLAB for UK and AMC for Australia, what other exams and qualifications are required for PG in these countries (or any country you suggest?)
3) Can I practice in those countries right after PG or are there additional procedures to go through for an IMG like me? Which country would be best for practicing?

I have googled these questions and didn't quite receive answers I was looking for. I hope you guys could shed some light. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not in the medical field, but through my experience:

1. England is better for now. More opportunities and less restrictive immigration system. Also check out Ireland.
2. Check the Medical Ministries for these two to get that info straight from the source.
3. Not sure. Check their immigration laws. Again England might be a bit easier.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not in the medical field, but through my experience:

1. England is better for now. More opportunities and less restrictive immigration system. Also check out Ireland.
2. Check the Medical Ministries for these two to get that info straight from the source.
3. Not sure. Check their immigration laws. Again England might be a bit easier.

Thanks a bunch, Emmet! Really appreciate your input.