Belmont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxlegend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Belmont University Pharmacy School for Fall 2011? If you have applied, have you gotten any response from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone applying to Belmont University Pharmacy School for Fall 2011? If you have applied, have you gotten any response from them?

I applied about a week ago, havent heard bc my pharmcas hasnt been sent, but itll probably be a few months

I'm going to be applying there soon. I'm a little apprehensive about their accreditation status though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Belmont is my #1 out-of-state choice. It just looks like such a nice school, for lack of a better descriptor.

Belmont is my #1 out-of-state choice. It just looks like such a nice school, for lack of a better descriptor.

The campus is really nice. They also have a new pharmacy building which i think just recently opened up. A negative is the cost of tuition which at the time of my interview was approx. $29000/year.

I would love to go there but there's no way I can afford it.

The campus is really nice. They also have a new pharmacy building which i think just recently opened up. A negative is the cost of tuition which at the time of my interview was approx. $29000/year.

Well, that is a negative. I haven't been looking that closely at tuition yet - I was so concerned with getting in somewhere, anywhere.

just heard they have received my application and have begun review

just heard they have received my application and have begun review

How long did it take for you applications to be received from the date to pharmcas submission?

How long did it take for you applications to be received from the date to pharmcas submission?

about 2 weeks. I received an invitation for the interview day via email this morning; about 2 weeks after I was notified they received my app.

I e-submitted my pharmcas application about 2 weeks ago and supplemental application 3 weeks ago. I am still waiting for pharmas to send it off. I hope to hear from belmont sooner than later!! how difficult is it to get into belmont...(it is my second choice after UHCOP)?

Hello everyone,

I received my interview invitation from Belmont. I will be there on Oct. 18th. Anyone else going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I received my interview invitation from Belmont. I will be there on Oct. 18th. Anyone else going?
hey JaySid, congrats on ur invite.
haha, how long did you have to wait to get the interview invitation since you submitted the supplemental application ?

hey JaySid, congrats on ur invite.
haha, how long did you have to wait to get the interview invitation since you submitted the supplemental application ?

Hey pandy, thanks again. It took 2 days after my they sent me an email telling me my app was complete. I submitted the supp app in Sept. but my PCAT scores just got there last week .

I'm interviewing there on december 3, this is my first interview so I'm somewhat nervous/excited. Can those of you who have already interviewed with belmont give me any idea of what to expect?

I'm interviewing there on december 3, this is my first interview so I'm somewhat nervous/excited. Can those of you who have already interviewed with belmont give me any idea of what to expect?

Liberty congrats on the interview! Try your best to not be nervous.

The day is layed out like this:

1) You will go into a class room and you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the other interviewees and the professors will walk around to talk with some folks.

2) You will be broken into a few groups to tour the campus. You will meet some of the professors who chair the different departments

3) You will either have an essay or an interview.

4) You will either have an essay or an interview.

5) You will all go to lunch and be assigned a table with between 6-8 people. There will be at least one prefessor and a current student. Then the day will be over.

A great way to alleviate that anxiety you will feel when you get there is to introduce yourself to the students sitting around you. They will all be nervous as well. Plus it will help you relax and be more comfortable.

On the tour if you have a question ask it. Don't wait for or think anyone else will ask your question. It will help you stand out and potentially be remembered.

The interview is laid back and they will ask you the standard Why Belmont? Why pharmacy? Why would you be a good addition to the class? Just be ready to answer the questions. Also be prepared to ask them a couple of questions. Remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! Also they honestly want you to do well so just be yourself.

At the lunch be social but don't feel the need to talk exclusively about pharmacy related stuff. I had the dean at my table and we talked about sports and music. Also if you have a question ask it. Plus talk to the other interviewees at your table as its a great way to get a conversation amongst the table.

It is going to go by quick so take it all in and be yourself! I am sure you will do just fine!

Good luck

I attended the first interview and got in! The interview is stress free and everyone is really nice. Good luck.

I am also going to be at the interview at Belmont on Dec. 3rd. I noticed in the invitation that they want you to bring a resume with you. What should this resume encompass? School, work, extracurriculars? Just wondering how everyone else approached this.

Hi Liberty, I hope to see you there, it's not my first, but I'll be nervous too :D

I am also going to be at the interview at Belmont on Dec. 3rd. I noticed in the invitation that they want you to bring a resume with you. What should this resume encompass? School, work, extracurriculars? Just wondering how everyone else approached this.

Hi Liberty, I hope to see you there, it's not my first, but I'll be nervous too :D

I broke down my extracur to volunteer, research, leadership, and I also had a section for my publications.

I submitted my PharmCas about 2 weeks ago. How long does it take for PharmCas to send my application? I sent my supplemental to Belmont like a week ago and I got a call on Nov 23rd that they received my supplemental. Hopefully I will hear from them soon!

Belmont :thumbdown:
Dont ask me why. You will know when you get there.

Belmont :thumbdown:
Dont ask me why. You will know when you get there.

Ok, I have to know. I interviewed at Belmont. They said their piece. Interview was pretty decent and generally non-stressful. What did they do to you? I really did not see anything bad going on there...

So, does anyone think it is too late to apply here?

i just received my invitation for the january 28th interview. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of belmont? also can someone tell me how was the interview before people have interviewed there before? anyone else is coming to the january 28th interview? let me know and thanks:xf::)

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011 :xf:

Liberty congrats on the interview! Try your best to not be nervous.

The day is layed out like this:

1) You will go into a class room and you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the other interviewees and the professors will walk around to talk with some folks.

2) You will be broken into a few groups to tour the campus. You will meet some of the professors who chair the different departments

3) You will either have an essay or an interview.

4) You will either have an essay or an interview.

5) You will all go to lunch and be assigned a table with between 6-8 people. There will be at least one prefessor and a current student. Then the day will be over.

A great way to alleviate that anxiety you will feel when you get there is to introduce yourself to the students sitting around you. They will all be nervous as well. Plus it will help you relax and be more comfortable.

On the tour if you have a question ask it. Don't wait for or think anyone else will ask your question. It will help you stand out and potentially be remembered.

The interview is laid back and they will ask you the standard Why Belmont? Why pharmacy? Why would you be a good addition to the class? Just be ready to answer the questions. Also be prepared to ask them a couple of questions. Remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! Also they honestly want you to do well so just be yourself.

At the lunch be social but don't feel the need to talk exclusively about pharmacy related stuff. I had the dean at my table and we talked about sports and music. Also if you have a question ask it. Plus talk to the other interviewees at your table as its a great way to get a conversation amongst the table.

It is going to go by quick so take it all in and be yourself! I am sure you will do just fine!

Good luck

hey are you the girl that has the interview with lecom-erie on january 18th too? we talked before remember? i also have an interview with lecom-erie on january 18th and i just received interview invitation from belmont and i will interview on january 28th. when did u interview at belmont? have u heard from them? and what's like in belmont? i'm really interested about their four concentration tracks, i thought it's really interesting and also the school is really clincial base, most courses are therapeutic courses and they don't even like medicinal chemistry. i think they only have biochemistry, that's it. what did they tell you at the interview in terms of their courses? good luck and see you on january 18th if you have the interview with lecom. let me know and thanks

I interviewed at Belmont last Friday (12/3) and I have to say that I was really surprised. I went into the interview with the idea that it would be an ok safety school, but after seeing what they are doing in their PharmD program, I am seriously reconsidering that. The facility was impeccable, and the faculty seems genuinely interested in teaching, something not readily apparent at other places I have interviewed at. While Belmont's accreditation is not yet complete, I feel confident that they will not have any problems in that aspect. I received an acceptance call this week and I think that I will be sending in my deposit. I think that it is a fantastic institution and program. Just my $.02

i interviewed the same day, and i too was impressed with the school. Still waiting to hear back though.... hopefully they don't make all the acceptance calls at once. :xf:

I interviewed at Belmont last Friday (12/3) and I have to say that I was really surprised. I went into the interview with the idea that it would be an ok safety school, but after seeing what they are doing in their PharmD program, I am seriously reconsidering that. The facility was impeccable, and the faculty seems genuinely interested in teaching, something not readily apparent at other places I have interviewed at. While Belmont's accreditation is not yet complete, I feel confident that they will not have any problems in that aspect. I received an acceptance call this week and I think that I will be sending in my deposit. I think that it is a fantastic institution and program. Just my $.02

congrats on your acceptance. i will be interviewing with belmont on january 28th. i really want go to belmont due to their four specialized concentration tracks. i thought that was unique and interesting. can you tell me more about the interview? what were the essay and questions like? was it laid back? how were the faculty members and the facility? how is living in nashville? let me know thanks

Last edited:
congrats on your acceptance. i will be interviewing with belmont on january 28th. i really want to belmont due to their four specialized concentration tracks. i thought that was unique and interesting. can you tell me more about the interview? what were the essays and questions like? was it laid back? how were the faculty members and the facility? how is living in nashville? let me know thanks

The specialization was definitely a big selling point for me as well. It looks like they really give you a good opportunity to tailor your PharmD to your interests/goals. The track you pursue is also noted onyour degree, whichis a huge plus I think for obvious employment reasons. The essays and questions were mainly designed to make sure that you can write. The interview itself was very laid back. Standard questions, nothing to worry about. I did not feel any pressure whatsoever, and the faculty were very cool. I noticed that they were mostly younger (30s and 40s it seemed), and very down to earth. The facility is great, as it should be for a brand new building. I dont know much about nashville, as I am not from there, but it seemed like a decent place from what I saw. Everyone I met there was super friendly! Hope this helps... Good luck on your interview! Let us know how it goes!

The specialization was definitely a big selling point for me as well. It looks like they really give you a good opportunity to tailor your PharmD to your interests/goals. The track you pursue is also noted onyour degree, whichis a huge plus I think for obvious employment reasons. The essays and questions were mainly designed to make sure that you can write. The interview itself was very laid back. Standard questions, nothing to worry about. I did not feel any pressure whatsoever, and the faculty were very cool. I noticed that they were mostly younger (30s and 40s it seemed), and very down to earth. The facility is great, as it should be for a brand new building. I dont know much about nashville, as I am not from there, but it seemed like a decent place from what I saw. Everyone I met there was super friendly! Hope this helps... Good luck on your interview! Let us know how it goes!

thank you for your feedback and what state are you from? I live in new jersey. I always love the clinical aspect in pharmacy so if i were accepted then i would love to pursue the pharmacotherapy concentration. Did you go anywhere sightseeing after the interview? any hotel recommendations? I actually have gone to 3 other interviews already and I've got accepted to one of them and got deferred by one other school and waiting to hear from one other school.but the school i got into now is not my first choice so i just paid the deposit just in case meanwhile keep my other options open. so i have 3 more interviews to look forward to in january. belmont is the last interview i'll have in january. Most of the schools that interviewed me are 3 year accelerated programs but belmont has the specialization tracks, which made it unique. what other schools have you applied to? interviewed? accepted? is belmont your first choice or you are considering other options too? let me know and congrats again:)

thank you for your feedback and what state are you from? I live in new jersey. I always love the clinical aspect in pharmacy so if i were accepted then i would love to pursue the pharmacotherapy concentration. Did you go anywhere sightseeing after the interview? any hotel recommendations? I actually have gone to 3 other interviews already and I've got accepted to one of them and got deferred by one other school and waiting to hear from one other school.but the school i got into now is not my first choice so i just paid the deposit just in case meanwhile keep my other options open. so i have 3 more interviews to look forward to in january. belmont is the last interview i'll have in january. Most of the schools that interviewed me are 3 year accelerated programs but belmont has the specialization tracks, which made it unique. what other schools have you applied to? interviewed? accepted? is belmont your first choice or you are considering other options too? let me know and congrats again:)

Applying to alot of schools interviewed at UIC and UCdenved. Accepted at UIC, probably dropping Belmont. Good program but not enough compelling reasons to live there plus it's a fledgling program without clout in the workforce yet. It's tough for me to drop it but UIC offers more clinical opportunities, residencies etc.. Which will become very important for getting a job in the future. Belmonts strength is the faculty for sure. But they are weak in that they are new and with a competitive job market the candidate from the more reputable school will likely get the nod. Even with the 'specialization' component of their degree

Applying to alot of schools interviewed at UIC and UCdenved. Accepted at UIC, probably dropping Belmont. Good program but not enough compelling reasons to live there plus it's a fledgling program without clout in the workforce yet. It's tough for me to drop it but UIC offers more clinical opportunities, residencies etc.. Which will become very important for getting a job in the future. Belmonts strength is the faculty for sure. But they are weak in that they are new and with a competitive job market the candidate from the more reputable school will likely get the nod. Even with the 'specialization' component of their degree

congrats on your acceptance and thank you for sharing your insight

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh::thumbup:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011 :xf:

Got an acceptance call today :D It would be one heck of an understatment to say that I'm excited. I'll probably be sending in my deposit soon. Belmont is my second choice, but my first choice is somewhat of a longshot, so chances are I'll be in Nashville for the next four years. Good luck to those of you still in the application process!

I am a current student at Belmont.. if you have any questions just PM me and I will try to help.

Hey guys I withdrew my application from Belmont, so that should be another spot open. Great school, but I got into one of my top choices and it's not accredited yet. Good luck to future interviewees.

Hey,

I tried to send you a message but I was unable to. I will be attending in Fall 2011 as a 1st year pharmacy student. I had some questions that I was hoping you could answer for me.

1. I was wondering Did you receive any scholarships as a 1st year student from Belmont, and whether you had to apply for them or did they give them to you automatically. Or do you know of any outside scholarships that you might have received? And were you able to receive federal loans even though Belmont is not fully accredited yet?

2. Also how do you like the atmosphere at Belmont, the faculty, classes, etc. Where do most pharmacy students live and where do they mostly study, do Pharmacy students have a special place to study where they can study 24 hours if need be in the school?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your time.

I am a current student at Belmont.. if you have any questions just PM me and I will try to help.
Hey,

I tried to send you a message but I was unable to. I will be attending in Fall 2011 as a 1st year pharmacy student. I had some questions that I was hoping you could answer for me.

1. I was wondering Did you receive any scholarships as a 1st year student from Belmont, and whether you had to apply for them or did they give them to you automatically. Or do you know of any outside scholarships that you might have received? And were you able to receive federal loans even though Belmont is not fully accredited yet?

2. Also how do you like the atmosphere at Belmont, the faculty, classes, etc. Where do most pharmacy students live and where do they mostly study, do Pharmacy students have a special place to study where they can study 24 hours if need be in the school?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your time.

Hey,

I will be attending Belmont in Fall 2011 as a 1st year pharmacy student. I had some questions that I was hoping a current could answer for me.

1. I have been trying to reach belmont, but i have been unable to get a response and the scholarship link on the website seems broken. I was wondering Did you receive any scholarships as a 1st year student from Belmont, and whether you had to apply for them or did they give them to you automatically. Or do you know of any outside scholarships that you might have received? And were you able to receive federal loans even though Belmont is not fully accredited yet?

Thank you for the help. I appreciate the time.

This is the one area that Belmont fails at. The person to contact should be Ginger Hooper ([email protected]). No scholarships (didn't apply for any). There are some that you can apply for, but nothing is automatically given to you. No problem with student loans, it's how I've been paying for everything. Even though Belmont isn't fully accredited yet, they do have Candidate (not Pre-Candidate an important distinction) status so you're good on loans.

As for atmosphere, I really like the faculty. The talk about being extended family is more than that. It's a reality. When the floods hit Nashville last year, the students banded together to help out those in the class and faculty that had been effected (before Belmont officially sanctioned such help).

No "special" study halls, but there are a lot of places to sit quietly and study. The school isn't open 24 hours, 10pm is the latest and I've been on campus as early as 6am and had no problems.

Student's live all over, there isn't one area that people are more concentrated than others.

I don't get on these forums much, so PM me if you need more info.

Hey,

I will be attending Belmont in Fall 2011 as a 1st year pharmacy student. I had some questions that I was hoping a current could answer for me.

1. I have been trying to reach belmont, but i have been unable to get a response and the scholarship link on the website seems broken. I was wondering Did you receive any scholarships as a 1st year student from Belmont, and whether you had to apply for them or did they give them to you automatically. Or do you know of any outside scholarships that you might have received? And were you able to receive federal loans even though Belmont is not fully accredited yet?

Thank you for the help. I appreciate the time.

Hey everybody,

Guess I'm a little late to this but her goes, I interviewed in November got accepted and am going to be going here in the fall.

Does anyone know anything about housing, such as specific areas or companies to rent from? Anyone interested in living together?

Any help would be appreciated

Hey everybody,

Guess I'm a little late to this but her goes, I interviewed in November got accepted and am going to be going here in the fall.

Does anyone know anything about housing, such as specific areas or companies to rent from? Anyone interested in living together?

Any help would be appreciated

I am going to be going here in the fall also and I was wondering the same thing?

I got an interview on JAN. 28th. Anyone else? Best of luck to everyone!

Did anyone receive their invitation to join the google group after you sent in your enrollment deposit?