became clinical pharmacist? How?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mokachi000

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I had been through the PGY1 matching process last year and after I submitted more than 25+ application without any interviews.

Guess… I unable to have a chance to obtain that PGY1 experience… (my $1000+ Is gone)

but I do want to become a clinical pharmacist.

So how should I start if I don’t have that kind of experience? How should I go round to get into the same field ???

Any Suggestions ? Or any past individuals can give a little hint for newbie like me?

Members don't see this ad.

Staff pharmacist at any major Regional or Teaching hospital would provide you opportunities to dabble in clinical pharmacy.
In fact some hospital systems require it and will train you, once you are hired as staff pharmacist.
I have been able to move back and forth between clinical and staffing for 3 decades, with 4 major hospital systems.
There are numerous clinical certification that are offered by various pharmacy organizations such as ASHP, ACCP, etc. My ex-director had a whole wall filled with certifications, looked very impressive at first glance.

Reactions: 2 users
Apply to every job that does not require a PGY-1 residency as a qualification. If you really want ro get your foot in the door, be willing to move anywhere.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Mokachi - this video here lays it out pretty good:

😂🤣’ jus’ kidding…. But no really - if you kinda boil it down it is kinda like this…. Considering how pointless and silly it all is…

I have a friend who raises gerbils and sells them by the hundreds to places like Petco.. have you considered something like this instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, Mokachi - this video here lays it out pretty good:

😂🤣’ jus’ kidding…. But no really - if you kinda boil it down it is kinda like this…. Considering how pointless and silly it all is…

I have a friend who raises gerbils and sells them by the hundreds to places like Petco.. have you considered something like this instead?

Forget about OP, I am highly interested in gerbil sales. Especially black market gerbils! Where do I begin? Is there a starter kit?

Forget about OP, I am highly interested in gerbil sales. Especially black market gerbils! Where do I begin? Is there a starter kit?
My pangolin business really took a hit in 2020

1511693541470.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone,

I had been through the PGY1 matching process last year and after I submitted more than 25+ application without any interviews.

Guess… I unable to have a chance to obtain that PGY1 experience… (my $1000+ Is gone)

but I do want to become a clinical pharmacist.

So how should I start if I don’t have that kind of experience? How should I go round to get into the same field ???

Any Suggestions ? Or any past individuals can give a little hint for newbie like me?
Two words: Vista Print

Reactions: 1 user