Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LoL everytime this thread gets excited about a pump, crypto immediately dips 😅 the dips are getting higher though.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
LoL everytime this thread gets excited about a pump, crypto immediately dips 😅 the dips are getting higher though.
CPI report today. I think many are expecting the numbers won’t be good.

Stocks were pumping today. Time for crypto to follow.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Stocks were pumping today. Time for crypto to follow.

I am trying to keep my expectations low. I think price action will be exactly what it is now at the halving and if anything some sell the news and 5-10% correction. If we get to 100k sometime by EOY then maybe there is upside closer to 130-150s. I am content if the price is only reaching low 100k ish levels this cycle and would just confirm the diminishing returns. Also, this halvening doesn't matter right now as the ETFs are already taking in way more than the current issuance anyways so its a big nothing burger this time around imo.

But but but… it’s an inflation hedge. It protects against the money printing machine of fiat currency. (Yet, whenever inflation is rising bitcoin drops)

Check back in about a year.

Interesting market these past few days.

So now 65k is a buying opportunity, but less than 2 months ago the same people didn’t want to buy at 52k. Good lesson on market timing.
Some of us bought this past weekend in the low 60s… and 2 months ago in the low 50s… and several times prior to that at much lower prices. No market timing here!

Some of us bought this past weekend in the low 60s… and 2 months ago in the low 50s… and several times prior to that at much lower prices. No market timing here!
I’m just looking at these posts from February. Waiting for a sale (that never came) isn’t market timing? If you were too heavily invested to buy more then, you’re more heavily invested now after another 25% run up. Unless of course you have sold some or have other assets that are up more that 25% in the last month, both of which seem unlikely. Seems like plans changes very often in this thread, when common logic would tell you to keep buying if it’s such a sure thing that “number go up” to 500k or whatever numbers get thrown out for 2030.

Attachments

• IMG_8648.png
    IMG_8648.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8649.png
    IMG_8649.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 24
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just looking at these posts from February. Waiting for a sale (that never came) isn’t market timing? If you were too heavily invested to buy more then, you’re more heavily invested now after another 25% run up. Unless of course you have sold some or have other assets that are up more that 25% in the last month, both of which seem unlikely. Seems like plans changes very often in this thread, when common logic would tell you to keep buying if it’s such a sure thing that “number go up” to 500k or whatever numbers get thrown out for 2030.

Exactly. If these people believed what they preach, they’d be 100% in Bitcoin and refinancing the house to move their home equity to bitcoin, etc.

Oh man, you got me… I said I’d do one thing back in February, and then did something different in April… I guess I’m a liar and a phony? BUSTED!!

Or I just changed my mind and decided to invest more? Is that really that hard of a concept to comprehend??

I’d look at your post history but… I don’t care!!

Exactly. If these people believed what they preach, they’d be 100% in Bitcoin and refinancing the house to move their home equity to bitcoin, etc.
This might be the dumbest investment “advice” I’ve ever heard.

You seem like a run-of-the-mill 60/40 stock/bond fund guy? Or maybe you live on the edge and kick the bonds up to 70?

That’s fine… but are you also “refinancing your house” to buy more index funds? WHY NOT?? Don’t you “believe” in your portfolio?

You should practice what you preach.

This might be the dumbest investment “advice” I’ve ever heard.

You seem like a run-of-the-mill 60/40 stock/bond fund guy? Or maybe you live on the edge and kick the bonds up to 70?

That’s fine… but are you also “refinancing your house” to buy more index funds? WHY NOT?? Don’t you “believe” in your portfolio?

You should practice what you preach.
I’m 100% equities and rent.

But did you refinance your house to buy more?
You can’t refinance a rental. I invest all the money I save by renting in equities.

I’m not saying you should be 100% in crypto, but the way you people talk I’m surprised YOU don’t think you should be.

You can’t refinance a rental. I invest all the money I save by renting in equities.

I’m not saying you should be 100% in crypto, but the way you people talk I’m surprised YOU don’t think you should be.

No one here says you should be 100% in crypto.

Price back to high 60s by end of month. This is the least volatile this asset has ever been. This is healthy correction.

No one here says you should be 100% in crypto.
Yeah, because you recognize (but don’t admit) that it has a huge risk relative to the return you expect, otherwise you would have a high percentage in crypto even if it’s not 100, or 80, or 60%.

Yeah, because you recognize (but don’t admit) that it has a huge risk relative to the return you expect, otherwise you would have a high percentage in crypto even if it’s not 100, or 80, or 60%.

Yes, we are all aware. Someone asked a couple months ago if he should invest in crypto before saving up for a car or house. We all told him no.

Is everybody ready for the halving???

I actually took a break from the crypto craziness today, took advantage of the dip below 5k in the S&P, and contributed to my Roth 😂

I actually took a break from the crypto craziness today, took advantage of the dip below 5k in the S&P, and contributed to my Roth 😂

Feeling its sideways action for the next 6 mo. Hope thanksgiving or xmas will bring fireworks

Happy halvening. Almost done accumulating for this cycle. Mostly picking up memecoins and a couple of other coins before we see an imo a crazy run up and euphoria. Can’t wait to see the doubters dunk on me when BTC crashes to 80k. lol

Reactions: 2 users

Funny how crypto looks stronger than stocks right now. NVDA dipped 10% yesterday!

Happy halvening. Almost done accumulating for this cycle. Mostly picking up memecoins and a couple of other coins before we see an imo a crazy run up and euphoria. Can’t wait to see the doubters dunk on me when BTC crashes to 80k. lol
100k top this cycle i am glad i have low expectations. Most again have overshot their expectations like last cycle. I hope to be wrong but fear ill be right on this but will be happy still

100k top this cycle i am glad i have low expectations. Most again have overshot their expectations like last cycle. I hope to be wrong but fear ill be right on this but will be happy still

Man I'd be ecstatic with 100k.

Man I'd be ecstatic with 100k.
you and i will be but the consensus will be devastated and those who bought at 69k only to get out at 100k well if they get out at 100k thats a big if will likely be no longer interested with a CAGR of 9.7% over 4 years and go back to index funds and the adoption may dive with bad sentiment that spread like wild fire via social media these days.

A lot is being asked of this asset class and it strikes me as silly that 50% gains in 4 years with a CAGR of 9.72% for the folks who bought at previous ATH in nov 2021 would consider it a complete failure in their minds.

There is a lot of of pressure on this asset right now so if there was a bull run for it its coming out party all eyes are on it like never before.

Will it rise to the occasion or shrivel to index fund gains only . Answers will come by EOY.

you and i will be but the consensus will be devastated and those who bought at 69k only to get out at 100k well if they get out at 100k thats a big if will likely be no longer interested with a CAGR of 9.7% over 4 years and go back to index funds and the adoption may dive with bad sentiment that spread like wild fire via social media these days.

A lot is being asked of this asset class and it strikes me as silly that 50% gains in 4 years with a CAGR of 9.72% for the folks who bought at previous ATH in nov 2021 would consider it a complete failure in their minds.

There is a lot of of pressure on this asset right now so if there was a bull run for it its coming out party all eyes are on it like never before.

Will it rise to the occasion or shrivel to index fund gains only . Answers will come by EOY.

I think I'm the only one who bought at previous ATH in Nov 2021. Everyone else averaged down.

Crypto is pretty boring lately.

Go back up bitch

24/7 market like BTC/Crypto tells me I should take a look at the broader markets. I have my eye on
Their stocks get priced in yen. But we buy in $. The yen has been bent over a chair in terms of $, Gold, Crypto the last year. Currency hedging/trading is not for the inexperienced solo investor.

Their stocks get priced in yen. But we buy in $. The yen has been bent over a chair in terms of $, Gold, Crypto the last year. Currency hedging/trading is not for the inexperienced solo investor.

I wouldn’t recommend that trade as well. The Yen looks like it’s Devaluing (hyperinflating?) faster than the Bank of Japan and the Japanese government can protect it from further devaluation. The 2nd order effect I’m interested in that has more global severe effect is how they protect their currency. I believe they are the biggest or 2nd largest holder of US treasuries. Unexpected selling of US treasuries (or halting of further purchases) would have ripple effects here in the US.

BTC lost 60k. Where the haters at?
I get most of my bitcoin news from this thread, so I wouldn't have known it was under $60K unless you posted.

As I've written a dozen times, I think bitcoin is equal parts stupid and harmful, but I've never denied that the price might go up or down in irrational ways. I don't know if it'll be $100K in 6 months, or $20K.

I'm skeptical that any of you know as much as you think you do, but I hope you make money.

I get most of my bitcoin news from this thread, so I wouldn't have known it was under $60K unless you posted.

As I've written a dozen times, I think bitcoin is equal parts stupid and harmful, but I've never denied that the price might go up or down in irrational ways. I don't know if it'll be $100K in 6 months, or $20K.

I'm skeptical that any of you know as much as you think you do, but I hope you make money.

It's not going to 20k LoL

Seems more likely than it hitting a value that would exceed gold's market cap, but some of you guys are throwing around that number like it's in the realm of possibility.

Which it is, "possible", I guess.

Enjoy the ride.

Gold is 15 trillion? Someone predicted BTC 100-150k which would be less than 3 trillion.

Gold is 15 trillion? Someone predicted BTC 100-150k which would be less than 3 trillion.

It's hard to tell when you guys are being serious because it's all so ridiculous.

120s. My numbers are sandbagged so i don't get expectations like plan b saying 500k this cycle.

"this cycle"

smh

It's hard to tell when you guys are being serious because it's all so ridiculous.

"this cycle"

smh

I don't think anyone said 500k. Maybe in a few decades when Bic Macs cost $100.

sold entire position at 67k about a week ago. Had a spidy sense the hong kong etfs and fed meeting would be sell the news event like the us ones. I got lucky so i'm not pretending otherwise.

Waiting for some entry no sooner than 50k.

Reactions: 2 users