BCPS - FALL 2017 (Seeking 2 study partners...possibly 3)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doingit4mykid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All:
I am seeking two organized and reliable study partners to study together to take the BCPS (Pharmacotherapy) exam this fall. I would like only two partners as a study group that is too big does more harm than good...but maybe I can consider 3 (4 total) My plan is as follows:

- We would go through the ACCP study manual by assigning ourselves two chapters to study each week (Would go in order of the book). All three of us would study those two assigned chapters on our own time during the week and meet (preferably via skype) each Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday afternoon/evening. The precise meeting time would be dependent on a time that would consistently work for all 3 of us...but it would be either a Saturday or a Sunday and in the afternoon or evening only.

- Each week, two persons will be assigned to review each of the 2 chapters we are covering. So for example, if our two chapters for the week are Pediatrics and Geriatrics; we would all be expected to study those two chapters in the week. However for the Saturday or Sunday study time, person A would be responsible for Pediatrics and person B would be responsible for Geriatrics. At our meeting, Person A would be required to discuss the entire chapter in summary and highlight the main points. In other words, Person A should teach the other 2 persons all he/she can remember from the Pediatrics chapter. He/she may also ask the other 2 persons study questions etc. Next, Person B would do the same for Geriatrics. That week person C would have no responsibility but to read the chapters on his/her own and come prepared to answer questions that Persons A and B include in their review.

The next week, we would rotate and person C would now get responsibility for a topic alone with person A, that would be person B's week off. The next week would be person A's week off etc. That means that each week, one person won't have to worry about coming prepared to teach the chapter to the other 2.

(If I happen to get 3 organized people, then I would just do 2 on each week and 2 off each week).

- I would like to have the first meeting on the weekend of June 3rd/4th. This mean the topics would need to be assigned early enough so that we can start studying the two chapters in the week starting May 21 (that is next week!!). So we would need to do all the preliminary discussions by the end of this week. So I am looking for persons who are really serious and ready to start studying.

- I am interested in working only with people in the EST time zone to avoid complicating scheduling issues. If I get more than 2 or 3 favorable people, I will share the contact info with others who contact me so they can form a different group of three.

Let me know if you are interested or have questions. If you are not organized and responsible and serious about this, I am not the study partner for you! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey
I am also looking for a dedicated study partner. I have put my profile and study schedule on a website call studypal. Let's connect there and start the presentation asap. Let me know if you can connect with me there
Thank you !!