Army Two Star in Iraq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SNOZBERRIES

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you read the article in the ADA New Dentists News about the Army Reservist, Maj. Gen. (Dr.) Silverman? "He is the highest ranking medical officer in Iraq and is the first dentist ever to command all medial operations in a combate zone."

I think it is excellent news that a dentist is given such a high responsibility. It really is a testement to the respect we have earned as professionals and as officers. It is even more impressive that he is a reservist who has a two doc office during his civilian time.

Members don't see this ad.

I met General Silverman earlier this year, he came down to visit our base and gave me a coin (a military token of appreciation for good work).

I'm sure the medical community isn't happy having a dentist in charge, but it just happened again. COL Buyer (Army), a periodontist, paid a visit a few months ago and he was hand picked by the Surgeon General to be in charge of all US detainee medical operations worldwide. This was the first time ever a dental officer was released from the Dental Corp to the Medical Corp to work directly for the Surgeon General.

He is a sharp guy with a lot of hospital dentistry experience, maybe it will open more doors for dentists in the future.

I met General Silverman earlier this year, he came down to visit our base and gave me a coin (a military token of appreciation for good work).

Damn! You got a RMO (round metal object) from a two star! Remind me not to go drinking with you! I thought my RMO from the Air Force Material Command Surgeon General was pretty big. Looks like I would be buying some drinks if I coin challenged you.

haha...yea stay away from the bar when this guy comes around for sure!