Navy AQD Hunting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, is anyone else here an AQD collector? I'm thinking of starting. These useless lines on my OSR have a weird attraction for me. I think some part of me wants the merit badges I missed out on when I didn't join the boy scouts.

Anyway, here's a running list of the one's I'm currently looking at.

1) Sailing. Ok, I don't think they'll let me go TAD for this, but its been a personal goal for awhile anyway. Anyone get a sailing license and get the AQD?

2) CBRNE: I keep going back and forth on whether or not to do this. On the one hand, the job is open and you get a week in Maryland to do the course. On the other hand, you have to set up a drill every month or two where you stand around in Hazmat suits pretending to hose down Marines. Worth it?

3) Six sigma green belt. Another week off of work, though its at my hospital and I'm not sure its actually better than work. I feel like this one would actually have a lot of value to HMOs, though, if I go there next.

4) JPME: All online, interesting. Takes awhile, though.

5) USUHS Faculty. I keep forgetting to send the form to USUHS to get the AQD. That really seems to be all it is: fill out the form, get the appointment.

Any others to look out for? I'm not talking about the real ones like Surface Warfare or Field med qualified, strictly part-time bull****

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)