April Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob the Builder

Reaction score
2 part question ig:

1. I've been accepted to NYU, and waitlisted for Touro and UCSF. I fear I will commit suicide if I attend NYU from everything I heard, but Touro is a new school, so not sure if that's where I should be either... UCSF would be nice, but odds of getting off the waitlist are slim to none. What are people's thoughts on NYU vs Touro?

2. I haven't heard back from Penn, Columbia, or Stony Brook yet. Can I just assume that they're not even in the slightest interested in my application, or is there something I can do to push it along?

Members don't see this ad.

2 part question ig:

1. I've been accepted to NYU, and waitlisted for Touro and UCSF. I fear I will commit suicide if I attend NYU from everything I heard, but Touro is a new school, so not sure if that's where I should be either... UCSF would be nice, but odds of getting off the waitlist are slim to none. What are people's thoughts on NYU vs Touro?

2. I haven't heard back from Penn, Columbia, or Stony Brook yet. Can I just assume that they're not even in the slightest interested in my application, or is there something I can do to push it along?
Aside from obsessively checking the school threads, I would put my energy into the one A you have at this point. You apply to the schools we presume you are willing to attend, even if they are the only ones giving you a chance to be a dentist.

Reactions: 1 user
What the hell, "I fear I will commit suicide if I attend NYU..." That's not funny if you're trying to joke around, and if you're not, you need to get help. Becoming a dentist is not worth dying over -- it's just a job.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from obsessively checking the school threads, I would put my energy into the one A you have at this point. You apply to the schools we presume you are willing to attend, even if they are the only ones giving you a chance to be a dentist.
I checked the school threads before making this post and it seems like the last interview anyone has gotten was in February.

Thank you for your advice, and indeed you are right; I applied because I am willing to attend, even though I really don't want to.

Reactions: 1 user
SDN takes suicide very seriously, even if it was meant as a figure of speech. We are advocates for mental health, and those who are struggling should know that we are here to advocate for you. We are closing the thread as it has run its due course.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.