April 2016 NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who took the April 2016 NPTE, how did you guys find the exam? I thought it was really hard. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was really hard too, and thats after doing really well on the PEAT exams too =( Wish the scores were back already!

Oh, man, I thought it was really hard too. But so did my classmates, so that's a good sign. I am trying to distract myself. I think it should be posted tomorrow night.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I'm really not sure what I did....I can't say if it was tough or not....I'm just waiting for the result to speak for itself.
I know it's not a good idea to come back after the exam and check to see the right answers because it'll only give a panic attack(out of curiosity I checked one common question and saw I did it wrong and then was beating myself for making such a rookie mistake:bang: ) Hope those kind of mistakes didn't cost me dearly....:smack::help:
I heard you'll know whether you passed or (God forbid)failed on May 3 after 9 PM PST or 4th at 12:00 midnight.
Let's hope we all PASS!!:xf::unsure::hungover:

I felt called to post on here even though I don't normally to respond to posts. I thought the exam was tough. My initial reaction was that I did not perform to the best of my abilities. However, I have to accept that what's done is done. I wish you all the best of luck. I am praying for all students that they receive a passing score, but I also hope that we are all able to find peace in whatever that result may be. One test should not define any of us. Either way, congrats to those who find out they passed and keep your head up for those that don't. This is not the end and may we all continue to learn as we enter this great profession! :)

Hi,
I'm really not sure what I did....I can't say if it was tough or not....I'm just waiting for the result to speak for itself.
I know it's not a good idea to come back after the exam and check to see the right answers because it'll only give a panic attack(out of curiosity I checked one common question and saw I did it wrong and then was beating myself for making such a rookie mistake:bang: ) Hope those kind of mistakes didn't cost me dearly....:smack::help:
I heard you'll know whether you passed or (God forbid)failed on May 3 after 9 PM PST or 4th at 12:00 midnight.
Let's hope we all PASS!!:xf::unsure::hungover:

I'm central time :( that means I'll have to stay up late and I don't think my jurisdiction allows me to see pass/fail, so I will have to pay. Torture!!

I felt called to post on here even though I don't normally to respond to posts. I thought the exam was tough. My initial reaction was that I did not perform to the best of my abilities. However, I have to accept that what's done is done. I wish you all the best of luck. I am praying for all students that they receive a passing score, but I also hope that we are all able to find peace in whatever that result may be. One test should not define any of us. Either way, congrats to those who find out they passed and keep your head up for those that don't. This is not the end and may we all continue to learn as we enter this great profession! :)
True.....but I'm not mentally prepared for the worse! Argh! :caution:

I'm central time :( that means I'll have to stay up late and I don't think my jurisdiction allows me to see pass/fail, so I will have to pay. Torture!!
Which jurisdiction is that? All states are supposed to tell if you passed or failed on May 4th,but the actual scores will be out on the 11th. SO in between 4-11th, you could purchase that score report for 80$.;)

i want to know what books for preparation ?
This is my recommendation- Stick to one good review guide and read in depth along each topic you encounter in the review guide. The more books you take up,the more confused you'll be and left with little time.
O'Sullivan Therapy Ed (it has 3 practice exams on a flash drive & rationales to all the questions) covers almost all the areas of the exam. This is a review guide alone...so, you should read in depth from your text books/internet. I found it useful compared to any other material out there and it really helps you understand how to approach the exam questions. The tests are harder in this.

PEAT practice tests(2 tests)- This is a must have. It's best to purchase a couple of weeks before the exam as it has a short period of online access. This is the closest simulation to the actual NPTE.

Pocket prep app-
This app was pretty good with it's PT scenario questions. I used the free version and got around 30 free questions and also one free question for each day. I wished I had bought this app instead of the one below.

I also purchased the PT content master app by Scorebuilders and it didn't really come close to the NPTE. It has simple,very short revision topics and tests which total 750 questions. It didn't really ask PT related questions,but more of basic foundation questions. I wouldn't recommend this.

Also,check out physicaltherapyed.com.....it has some practice questions and a calendar on how to prep.

Hope this helps!
:whistle::prof:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which jurisdiction is that? All states are supposed to tell if you passed or failed on May 4th,but the actual scores will be out on the 11th. SO in between 4-11th, you could purchase that score report for 80$.;)
I'm in wi. I've just seen in past threads in wi and il it doesn't say pass or fail

Guys, the results are in for some students! I already got my result, took it in CA. Wishing everyone the best :)

PASSED!!

In terms of prep:
- Scorebuilders Practice Tests: 74%, 78%, 81%
- O'Sullivans Practice Tests: 64%, 68%
- PEAT: 76%, 78%

This is my recommendation- Stick to one good review guide and read in depth along each topic you encounter in the review guide. The more books you take up,the more confused you'll be and left with little time.
O'Sullivan Therapy Ed (it has 3 practice exams on a flash drive & rationales to all the questions) covers almost all the areas of the exam. This is a review guide alone...so, you should read in depth from your text books/internet. I found it useful compared to any other material out there and it really helps you understand how to approach the exam questions. The tests are harder in this.

PEAT practice tests(2 tests)- This is a must have. It's best to purchase a couple of weeks before the exam as it has a short period of online access. This is the closest simulation to the actual NPTE.

Pocket prep app-
This app was pretty good with it's PT scenario questions. I used the free version and got around 30 free questions and also one free question for each day. I wished I had bought this app instead of the one below.

I also purchased the PT content master app by Scorebuilders and it didn't really come close to the NPTE. It has simple,very short revision topics and tests which total 750 questions. It didn't really ask PT related questions,but more of basic foundation questions. I wouldn't recommend this.

Also,check out physicaltherapyed.com.....it has some practice questions and a calendar on how to prep.

Hope this helps!
:whistle::prof:
Thank you very much ..