General Admissions & OTCAS Applying this cycle--What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clcliff

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So after deciding I wanted to be an OT my freshman year, it's finally time to start applying to OT schools! I'm working on applications for Augusta University, Lenoir-Rhyne, UNG Chapel Hill, and Radford University. Here are my stats:

Major: BS in psychology w/ Spanish minor
GPA: 3.85
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.58. A in everything but B in A&P II and C in physics unfortunately.
Shadowing hours: 160 at OT-led summer camp for four summers in a row where I volunteered, 18 hours at peds clinic and 15 hours at a school, 18 hours doing the KECK virtual pre-OT summer program.
Extracurriculars: Writing tutor for a year at my college, working as a rehab tech at a rehab hospital since May, interning at drug prevention program for at-risk youth, babysitting kids with disabilities, club member at college serving people with disabilities, presented a psychology project and Spanish project at my school's research conference.
GRE: 312 (155Q and 157V) and 4.0 in writing.

I'm mostly worried that I don't have enough leadership experience since I had bad social anxiety most of college and didn't join many organizations. Also kinda worried about that C in physics but it's only a pre-req at Augusta anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I just got accepted to Lincoln Memorial with not a super impressive GPA. VERY rare. But I believe the reasons were because I told a story through my application. I was able to articulate how passionate I was and because I applied right away they pulled me for an interview. With every extracurricular, tell a story on your application that ties back to WHY you want to be an OT with those 600 characters they give you. Use your social anxiety as a strength and something you have overcome. Because you are so passionate about becoming an OT you got out of your comfort zone and overcame your anxiety and was able to relate to others and help them. Be confident! you got this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I just got accepted to Lincoln Memorial with not a super impressive GPA. VERY rare. But I believe the reasons were because I told a story through my application. I was able to articulate how passionate I was and because I applied right away they pulled me for an interview. With every extracurricular, tell a story on your application that ties back to WHY you want to be an OT with those 600 characters they give you. Use your social anxiety as a strength and something you have overcome. Because you are so passionate about becoming an OT you got out of your comfort zone and overcame your anxiety and was able to relate to others and help them. Be confident! you got this!
Thank you for your story! I've been so nervous since submitting in my application. Your story gives me so much hope!

Reactions: 1 user