Applying for new state license(alabama)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Larc_en_ciel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been denied a state medical license or asked to present before the board because they indicated past academic deficiencies in medical school that required remediation? (I.e failing usme step i once and having to repeat part of a medical clerkship to illness?)
I am applying for alabama state medical license and they ask for details of the academic deficiencies . Of course one must answer truthfully. I am wondering what are the chances this will trigger an in person board interview. I have no malpractices and have passed all my usmle and board recertfications since med school. I graduated med school in 2004.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been denied a state medical license or asked to present before the board because they indicated past academic deficiencies in medical school that required remediation? (I.e failing usme step i once and having to repeat part of a medical clerkship to illness?)
I am applying for alabama state medical license and they ask for details of the academic deficiencies . Of course one must answer truthfully. I am wondering what are the chances this will trigger an in person board interview. I have no malpractices and have passed all my usmle and board recertfications since med school. I graduated med school in 2004.
Every state license board asks those questions. It's not unique to Alabama.