Applied July But No Interviews Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otlcat

DDS Candidate
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted mid-July and got verified late-July but haven’t gotten any interviews yet. I see that some people on SDN who applied later than me already got interviews and I’m starting to feel really anxious. Here are my stats. Please chance me!

Date of submission: 7/17/18
Overall GPA: 3.458
Science GPA: 3.435
DAT score: 22AA/22Bio/23GC/22OC/22QR/22TS/22PAT
State of Residence: California
Minority: Applied as disadvantaged. First generation college student from a low-income single-parent immigrant family.

Shadowing Experience: General Dentist: ~400hours
Volunteering Experience: Free Clinic, Food Bank, Convalescent Homes. Total: ~200hours
Research: Neurobio research for 1year: ~400hours
Extracurriculars: 2 Mentor positions and VP position in Bio Club. Total: ~1300hours

School list:
Western
UCLA
Columbia
USC
Tufts
UOP
Rutgers
Loma Linda
UPenn
BU
UIC
UPitt

What are my chances of getting in? Do URM applicants get interviews later?? I’m so anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

The cycle is long and unpredictable. You have a great shot and should get in this cycle. Just be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
You're fine- you should hear back from tons of schools on your list :) I don't see any red flags anywhere, so you just gotta be patient. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Have you heard back from any schools? I have similar stats but only have 1 interview so far. I am starting to get nervous that I won't hear back from other schools.

Hey! Have you heard back from any schools? I have similar stats but only have 1 interview so far. I am starting to get nervous that I won't hear back from other schools.

I still haven't heard back from any. I'm getting super anxious and I don't know what's wrong with my app that caused me to not get a single interview...

Yeah that is really weird that you haven't heard back from anywhere with your scores and how early you applied.

I still haven't heard back from any. I'm getting super anxious and I don't know what's wrong with my app that caused me to not get a single interview...
Competition is really fierce this cycle, just a thought, are you sure your application was received and everything was in proper order. I do think it is a little odd you did not get a single interview. I can't imagine URM students get later interviews, that would seem wrong on so many levels.

Hope something comes in soon!
Wishing you the best and congrats on your acheivment , Great DAT scores and GPA!

Nancy

Competition is really fierce this cycle, just a thought, are you sure your application was received and everything was in proper order. I do think it is a little odd you did not get a single interview. I can't imagine URM students get later interviews, that would seem wrong on so many levels.

Hope something comes in soon!
Wishing you the best and congrats on your acheivment , Great DAT scores and GPA!

Nancy

I'm pretty sure all my materials were verified within 2 weeks after submitting on AADSAS and the schools sent an application complete email to me after. Man, I really hope I'll land an interview soon :(

I'm pretty sure all my materials were verified within 2 weeks after submitting on AADSAS and the schools sent an application complete email to me after. Man, I really hope I'll land an interview soon :(
Because you said pretty sure, maybe you should just double check, something seems amiss.

SO confused on how you haven't heard anything back. Is your personal statement good?

Because you said pretty sure, maybe you should just double check, something seems amiss.
My transcript, LORs, DAT score were all received in June and all my status on AADSAS are either Received/Under Review or Received/Application Complete since August. I even called some schools and they said my application is under review so I have no idea what's going on :( Should I just take these silences as rejections...

SO confused on how you haven't heard anything back. Is your personal statement good?
I don't know man, I thought my PS is pretty good but I guess it's not good enough for the committee ????

My transcript, LORs, DAT score were all received in June and all my status on AADSAS are either Received/Under Review or Received/Application Complete since August. I even called some schools and they said my application is under review so I have no idea what's going on :( Should I just take these silences as rejections...

I don't know man, I thought my PS is pretty good but I guess it's not good enough for the committee ????

just be patient...

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely not. Just be patient. I still have the majority of my applications still under review. It's just a long process, but if you haven't received any denials yet, that's good news :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry! if they didn't want you they'll let you know (i got a big fat rejection email from ucsf early in the cycle)

don't worry! if they didn't want you they'll let you know (i got a big fat rejection email from ucsf early in the cycle)
Your stats are amazing, why would they reject you! So weird!

Any interviews yet??? Have you try to reach out the schools

Any interviews yet??? Have you try to reach out the schools

No interviews yet :( Should I email admission committees?? I thought people said that we shouldn’t email them because the committees are super busy :/

No interviews yet :( Should I email admission committees?? I thought people said that we shouldn’t email them because the committees are super busy :/
When they release the result for acceptance? If you haven't heard anything back in mid-November, then give it a try

Last edited:
URM definitely do not get later interviews. Weird you have heard nothing yet (Including no rejections I am assuming?) which makes me think something went wrong with your app. Either with the way you applied to be disadvantaged (I am URM but didn't do this so unsure about the process) or with another part of your app. Did you have your personal statement reviewed? Any issues with LOR's or any criminal/cheating violations?

It boggles my mind you haven't heard anything back yet. Have you read over your app since submitting? Any chance your essays have any glaring grammatical errors? I've heard of that being cause for the silent treatment.

URMs definitely do not get later interviews (that would be all sorts of rude), and your disadvantaged essay has no impact other than providing extra background on what you've done to get to where you are, if anything, it helps!

Keep us updated and good luck !

URM definitely do not get later interviews. Weird you have heard nothing yet (Including no rejections I am assuming?) which makes me think something went wrong with your app. Either with the way you applied to be disadvantaged (I am URM but didn't do this so unsure about the process) or with another part of your app. Did you have your personal statement reviewed? Any issues with LOR's or any criminal/cheating violations?

It boggles my mind you haven't heard anything back yet. Have you read over your app since submitting? Any chance your essays have any glaring grammatical errors? I've heard of that being cause for the silent treatment.

URMs definitely do not get later interviews (that would be all sorts of rude), and your disadvantaged essay has no impact other than providing extra background on what you've done to get to where you are, if anything, it helps!

Keep us updated and good luck !

I got rejected from UCSF pretty early on (which I expected) but other than that I've heard no rejections or invitations for interviews. I checked my apps thoroughly and I had people review my PS and even read it out loud multiple times before submitting, so yeah I'm not sure what's wrong... I didn't have any violations either ://

Would it be possible to reach out to UCSF and ask why they've rejected you? Is that a thing they do? I would do that in your case, just because it doesn't make any friggin' sense.

The cycle is long and unpredictable. You have a great shot and should get in this cycle. Just be patient.
Just out of curiosity. What makes this cycle different than previous ones? Im a new application this year so I am not aware of the changes aside from early application opening that was on mid-May.

I think the issue is with your school list...I would’ve added more private schools like UDM, Roseman, Nova, etc

I got rejected from UCSF pretty early on (which I expected) but other than that I've heard no rejections or invitations for interviews. I checked my apps thoroughly and I had people review my PS and even read it out loud multiple times before submitting, so yeah I'm not sure what's wrong... I didn't have any violations either ://

Don't lose hope.
I honestly would add
5 more schools now, because why the heck not?
losing 1000 dollar is better than losing 4000 dollar next year.

Add more schools.

Any updates, OP? I’m hoping you’ve heard something by now. Rooting for you!

Reactions: 4 users
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! I just got my first interview invite today from LLU! A 5 month long wait but it was worth it!
Wonderful news, and congratulations!!! Best of luck on that interview! :)

Just an update: I interviewed at both LLU and UoP and got accepted to both! And I'm planning on attending LLU this incoming fall! Thank you all so much for your encouragements and support!

Reactions: 2 users
Just an update: I interviewed at both LLU and UoP and got accepted to both! And I'm planning on attending LLU this incoming fall! Thank you all so much for your encouragements and support!

Congratulations!!