Application Rescinded

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheshiresmile

Reaction score
Had four interviews. Got accepted into two schools. Turned down one acceptance and a February invite while turning in my first deposit at my in-state school.

My in-state school now rescinded my application because I missed the deadline for my second deposit. Granted, it was my fault—I was confused by the wording of "due 60 days after" (I had assumed 60 days after first deposit due, not 60 days after December 15th acceptance). There was no clear date written for the second deposit.

The minute I got the e-mail saying my seat was rescinded (Feb 16th) I called and e-mailed the office. The admissions committee said that they won't change their mind.

Now I'm upset at myself because I HAD two acceptances AND another interview invite. I don't quite know what to do next. I haven't heard back from my other interview.

Is groveling worth it? Am I out of luck this cycle? Any advice would be appreciated.

And yes, I know I effed up so please don't go at me too hard.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it too late to try to reach out to the other school you got accepted to? I know it would sound desperate to do, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Then again, it's great that you have another interview to hear back from. I almost did the same thing so I know the feeling, but my school was super forgiving about it. I am sorry.

I would 100% beg both schools you got accepted to, there is no harm in it. Outside of that, no there isn't really anything else you can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had four interviews. Got accepted into two schools. Turned down one acceptance and a February invite while turning in my first deposit at my in-state school.

My in-state school now rescinded my application because I missed the deadline for my second deposit. Granted, it was my fault—I was confused by the wording of "due 60 days after" (I had assumed 60 days after first deposit due, not 60 days after December 15th acceptance). There was no clear date written for the second deposit.

The minute I got the e-mail saying my seat was rescinded (Feb 16th) I called and e-mailed the office. The admissions committee said that they won't change their mind.

Now I'm upset at myself because I HAD two acceptances AND another interview invite. I don't quite know what to do next. I haven't heard back from my other interview.

Is groveling worth it? Am I out of luck this cycle? Any advice would be appreciated.

And yes, I know I effed up so please don't go at me too hard.
whoa
that's a new one
sorry to say, if groveling doesn't work, you are going to have to explain next cycle why you turned down acceptances this year...

Reactions: 1 user
Dude... sorry about that, but whenever money is involved, you must pay attention. And you must ask questions. Most admissions offices are very clear when it comes to deadlines, and we often will send you very annoying reminder emails to make sure you don't miss the deadlines. So to that end, you won't get a lot of sympathy.

You want to enter a profession where your margins for making a mistake are fractions of millimeters. This demands real attention to detail, which unfortunately you did not demonstrate.

All you can do is ask and see if the other schools will reinstate your offer, but this is not the way to wind up becoming a reapplicant.

Reactions: 2 users