Appalachian College of Pharmacy Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were about 40 applicants at my interview date. And yes, April 16 was the last interview cycle. If you get a slot, will you be attending?
Yes for sure. I got into another program but I really want to attend this school so I'm still crossing my fingers on this one!! Did you like the campus? How did your interview go?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Pharmfab, is there any news from ACP? I am on April 16th too. Waiting.

I received my letter yesterday and I got put onto the alternative list :/. You should be getting your letter soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes for sure. I got into another program but I really want to attend this school so I'm still crossing my fingers on this one!! Did you like the campus? How did your interview go?

I really like the campus but the location not so much lol. I thought my interview went pretty well. HOwever, I got put on the alternative list... Do you know how they chose people for admission and alternative list?

I really like the campus but the location not so much lol. I thought my interview went pretty well. HOwever, I got put on the alternative list... Do you know how they chose people for admission and alternative list?
All I know is that they don't overfill the class unlike other schools that accept over more than the class size. Most schools do that in order to compensate for students who decline their seat. I believe, during the interview they said half of the class was filled and they will pull the remaining candidates frm the alternate list. I also read in last year's thread that people frm the alternate list started getting admissions letters in early to late May so I'm not panicking yet.

I received my letter yesterday and I got put onto the alternative list :/. You should be getting your letter soon.

I got my acceptance letter just minutes ago. I am so excited!

Good luck for everyone who did not hear from them. Check your mailboxes, guys!

Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter just minutes ago. I am so excited!

Good luck for everyone who did not hear from them. Check your mailboxes, guys!

Congrats!!
I just got my letter too..alternate list :(
So i guess I have to keep waiting :xf:

I was put on the alternative list too. Does anybody know how many people are on the list?

i gave up my spot so maybe one of you waitlistees will get it!!!!!! !!!!!

Is the waitlist and the alternative list the same thing??

Members don't see this ad :)

I have no idea how they choose but I know that there is no ranking on this list. but hopefully this list wont last too long. I interviewed on the 26th and got a letter in the mail the following week saying that I was put on the waitlist. This past week, I got another letter in the mail stating that I was now put on the alternate list. Apparently, the two lists are different. :wtf:. Plus I also felt like this was my best interview too and still got waitlisted! LOL, I suppose.

Same thing happened to me too. I felt like I went in great for the interview. The faculties and the students even said I had the best answers all day & I was the last of the group. I don't know how they're going to choose the students from the waitlist since there's no ranking.

Same thing happened to me too. I felt like I went in great for the interview. The faculties and the students even said I had the best answers all day & I was the last of the group. I don't know how they're going to choose the students from the waitlist since there's no ranking.

Me too! I thought I did well and I was the last one of the group and the day lol
:xf: still have to wait

Has anybody received acceptance from the alternate list? I haven't heard anything on this forum and ACP isn't stating how fast the list is moving.

Thanks

I was put on the alternate list April 21st, and just received a call from Sherrie Baldwin today letting me know there's a spot for me if I wanted it. :thumbup:
So yes, it's starting to move!

Has anybody received acceptance from the alternate list? I haven't heard anything on this forum and ACP isn't stating how fast the list is moving.

Thanks

I was put on the alternate list April 21st, and just received a call from Sherrie Baldwin today letting me know there's a spot for me if I wanted it. :thumbup:
Congrats Niais!! I see that you've already been accepted elsewhere, where will you be attending next fall??

I've sent my deposit to PCOM ages ago, but decided to attend ACP after getting the call. Full accreditation + accelerated program + I actually had fun getting to know the current students during my interview :)

Congrats Niais!! I see that you've already been accepted elsewhere, where will you be attending next fall??

So I suppose those of us on the alternate list should be expecting a call if we get acceptance and not snail mail?? I've been running to the mailbox everyday after work!!! LOL!

Congrats and welcome to COP 2014, Niais! Join our COP 2014 group on FB! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Yeah, it's probably more expedient for them to just call. That way they can quickly cross a name off the list if someone doesn't accept a spot.
btw I got the call from a 276 area code. I didn't answer my cell because I didn't recognize the number, so imagine my panic to quickly call back after I checked my voicemail :D

So I suppose those of us on the alternate list should be expecting a call if we get acceptance and not snail mail?? I've been running to the mailbox everyday after work!!! LOL!

Thank you! I joined the FB group and everyone has been so welcoming! So excited for the fall :)

Congrats and welcome to COP 2014, Niais! Join our COP 2014 group on FB! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Anybody heard from ACP yet? Anybody no longer interested inform them that you wish to withdraw from the alternate list? Or has anybody else been accepted from the alternate list?

I hate this waiting nonsense!!!:(