Anyone going to ARVO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nystagmus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

just wanted to see if we could get a head count of those people going to ARVO this coming week. maybe we could get together and hang out in Ft. Lauderdale for a night. it would be a great chance to meet all you fellow SDN'ers!

Members don't see this ad.

I was at ARVO. I wish I would have seen your message earlier! What did you think of the conference? I don't know if you're a resident or student (I'm a student), but this was my first time at ARVO and my first time presenting a poster. Overall, it was a great experience and the weather was nice :clap: . It definitely increased my interest in ophthalmology in an academic setting. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts/experiences!

Ubiquitous

I am a student and it was my first time presenting at a conference as well. Ubiquitous, what poster did you present? I'm sure I probably saw yours at some point. I was at poster #3855, if you want to look it up. Anyway, I agree ARVO was an amazing experience. The current depth and magnitude of research in ophthalmology is unbelievable. It's impossible to know it all, but I tried to glean as much from the presentations as I could. I did enjoy communicating with some of the presenters, and later I even met some of the first authors I had referenced in my poster! Yeah, basically it was a big schmooze-fest.

Overall, this definitely fueled my enthusiasm for the field even more. It was a great little getaway from school. Plus, you can't beat lying out on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale. If you have the chance, it's something I would recommend anyone to attend.

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't check SDN as often as I used to. My poster # was B9 in the Surgery and Wound Healing session. Are you planning to do any Ophtho research during your 3rd year? What about writing a paper based on your research? I'd like to get a paper out of mine, but it's definitely an uphill battle.

Anyway, good luck to you on your Ophtho rotation/elective!