Anybody been to SUNY Upstate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOrk

Digital Rectal Examiner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently an MS II and am considering rotating at SUNY Upstate. I'd appreciate any feedback from students/residents/attendings (esp. osteopathic) who are familliar with this program.

DOrk

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an MS IV at a DO school and I interviewed at SUNY Upstate a few weeks ago. I really liked it a lot. I didn't know much about Syracuse before going there, but it turned out to be a nice town. The residents and attendings were great, very friendly and they seem very happy there. I've been to some interviews where I left thinking that I still didn't have a good sense of the program. But I had a really good feeling about this one. I think it would be worth your while to check it out. As far as who they interview, the PD told me he doesn't take into account whether a student is a DO or MD when inviting for interviews. He looks at the whole application. One thing, though, I took the USMLE. Most places accept COMLEX, but when the scores are reported they do not report the percentiles. So once you get to that point, it may be to your benefit to consider taking the USMLE just to make it easier for them to compare you to MD applicants.