Any prematches in Psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasaadasuzy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are Psych interviews going?

Anybody wants to share experiences about Kansas,Virginia or St. Louis Psych programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually liked UVA's program a lot; everyone there was very friendly and made a good deal of effort to make the applicants feel at home. I would consider making it my #1 at this point if it were located anywhere else.

I do not think that we will have much time for outside world so I do not care much about location.Maybe because I have Family and 2 kids so to advance to PGY-1 is like dream come true for me.
I also found this forum very usefull and great source of information for us all.
It would be great to get some friends or contacts in our field and share later our intership experiences.
I live in a slow town with a beautifull weather ,Jacksonville Florida.
Closest Psych is Tampa and Gator city Gainsville.
Please write if you injoy to share your experience.
Being an IMG I got a few interviews so far and have to wait till January to tell you about it.
Good luck ,have good nerves( I stopped smoking and going to gym),just in case that somebody will offer Psych job on PGY 1 level.

Alex
it is one thing to whis me well,it is another to deny me my suffering

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not think that we will have much time for outside world so I do not care much about location.
This isn't surgery. Wherever you go for residency, you will have time to enjoy life. Remember, you will be immersed in one place for four years, so to disregard location isn't very advisable.

Thanks God it is not surgery.When You mentioned surgery,my poor heart skipped a beat.Why o why doctors need to suffer so much through that surgery residency.I do not get it.
Anyhow ,please let me know more about Virginia and what moved you a little off that location...

Alex

PS . Please change the name,sounds as a car oil brand,ha ha

Thanks God it is not surgery.When You mentioned surgery,my poor heart skipped a beat.Why o why doctors need to suffer so much through that surgery residency.I do not get it.
Anyhow ,please let me know more about Virginia and what moved you a little off that location...

Alex

PS . Please change the name,sounds as a car oil brand,ha ha

It's just that it's a very small town, and in my opinion a great place for undergrad but not for a young professional. It has all the "essentials" that one would need to enjoy your free time but personally I just enjoy the options that a large metropolitan area has to offer.

I understand and You are very right in pointing out BIG difference between a rural and urban comunity.
I wish You a chance to chose which one You like beter.
I prefer bigger cities myself but smaller seemed to me like easier to get.Wrong.Thank God for that St Louis on January 26.

We will see.

alex

ps; Did You see Matrix revolution?
:clap: :cool:

Prematch offer from two programs (AEMC Philly and Univ. of Virginia). More interviews in the offing.

Great job!!!

Good luck in chosing what is best for You.

Alex:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: