Any Canadian grads out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

white daisy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is a graduate from a Canadian Med school and is doing their residency in the US? I'd like to know if it is necessary to have US clinical experience in order to be competitive enough for the match. I want to go into FP. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by white daisy
Anyone who is a graduate from a Canadian Med school and is doing their residency in the US? I'd like to know if it is necessary to have US clinical experience in order to be competitive enough for the match. I want to go into FP. thanks.

I met an intern in internal medicine @ my US med school's affiliated hospital a little while ago. She graduated from McGill. I doubt that it is necessary to have US clinical experience to be competitive in the match (Canadian clinical experience is just as good if not better due to the shortage of staff in Canadian hospitals and hence the need to place more responsibilities on the students). A spot in FP should not be hard to get in the first place.

in May from a Canadian school and applying to both NRMP and CaRMS. There's really no difference at all as pointed out by the previous poster. They're all LCME accredited.