Any Army Aviators out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajaxkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any army aviators that have been able to cross over into the dental corps?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be joining the dental corps shortly. I have been in army aviation for the last 13 years, 7 as a crew-dogg and the last 6 as an Apache driver. I am starting D-school next week. I am in a different situation than yourself. I am in the guard and so was able to complete my undergrad and pre-req's in full time school and still be able to fly a ton. I don't have any time obligation to my current unit. During school I won't be able to keep up on all the apache knowledge requirements and won't be able to maintain flight minimums so I am getting into the AMED, still on the guard side, not the HPSP.
How does that work for you? I know being active duty you have a 6 year commitment to aviation or can you work around that by having the medcom override aviation and pull you in that way?
I am not looking forward to my last flight. I think I am going to cry and throw-up, but I will have to throw down one last victory roll. Good luck on everything and talk to an AMED/MEDCOM recruiter, they know all the tricks and have been very helpfull for me.

Did you have to finish your adso before you went to dental school or were you able to go before?