MD & DO Answered, thank you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmDeeToBee

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

On metrics, you have a chance at MD's. As soon as lists get posted, reach out to admissions teams for feedback on your prereqs.

Not really feeling your service orientation (non-clinical volunteering) or your mission fit with schools. Virtual counseling doesn't really help you since in-person is more preferred. Youth ministry is mentoring, which is more community/culture building instead of service to those in need. That's your main vulnerability.

Welcome to the forums.

On metrics, you have a chance at MD's. As soon as lists get posted, reach out to admissions teams for feedback on your prereqs.

Not really feeling your service orientation (non-clinical volunteering) or your mission fit with schools. Virtual counseling doesn't really help you since in-person is more preferred. Youth ministry is mentoring, which is more community/culture building instead of service to those in need. That's your main vulnerability.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I would agree with you that my volunteering is problematic, but I do not understand what you mean by a mission fit. I actually have had trouble finding a school that speaks exactly to me (i.e., no one real perfect fit anywhere). Over the next year (if you recommend I apply this year--or over 2 years if you think I should apply next year), how should I tailor my activities?

I did what I did based on the opportunities that I found or came my way, and I genuinely enjoyed everything. I just have no idea what to do about this "mission fit" or how to see myself fit in with any one school. I'm also concerned about my letters as I mentioned in my post, if you had any insight about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, thanks for your reply. I would agree with you that my volunteering is problematic, but I do not understand what you mean by a mission fit. I actually have had trouble finding a school that speaks exactly to me (i.e., no one real perfect fit anywhere). Over the next year (if you recommend I apply this year--or over 2 years if you think I should apply next year), how should I tailor my activities?

I did what I did based on the opportunities that I found or came my way, and I genuinely enjoyed everything. I just have no idea what to do about this "mission fit" or how to see myself fit in with any one school. I'm also concerned about my letters as I mentioned in my post, if you had any insight about that.

For starters

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UMass
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Belmont
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have ~50% chance for a MD acceptance so you should apply to DO schools also. I suggest these with your stats:
UNECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
CUSOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM