Another STEP 2 CS freak out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flash Forward

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently took CS in ATL. Except for 2-3 rooms, no one asked me a challenging question. Even the question those rooms asked were more like a statement ex. "oh im embarrased about blah blah", or whatever. For rest of the rooms, i would ask them if they had any questions for me, or if i could help them with anything else, they would just say "oh i cant think of anything right now" or something similar to that. I am extremely worried about this. Bc i've read people say that they got asked challenging question in EVERY SINGLE ROOM.

Can anyone share their experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I tested in Atlanta last year. I only had maybe 2 or 3 really challenging question rooms. The rest of the day was almost like a regular clinic day. I think you will be fine.

I tested in Atlanta last year. I only had maybe 2 or 3 really challenging question rooms. The rest of the day was almost like a regular clinic day. I think you will be fine.

WOW, thank god. that makes me feel so much better. I really appreciate your response.

Reactions: 1 user
Recently took CS in ATL. Except for 2-3 rooms, no one asked me a challenging question. Even the question those rooms asked were more like a statement ex. "oh im embarrased about blah blah", or whatever. For rest of the rooms, i would ask them if they had any questions for me, or if i could help them with anything else, they would just say "oh i cant think of anything right now" or something similar to that. I am extremely worried about this. Bc i've read people say that they got asked challenging question in EVERY SINGLE ROOM.

Can anyone share their experience?
Hi I have my exam on Thursday how was your experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have my exam on Thursday how was your experience?

The whole experience was really smooth. You get there by 7:45, and your cases start around 8:45-8:50....and they run til around 3:15-3:20. I think 8 of the 12 cases were directly from the FA. I had 1 super weird case, but rest of them were straight forward, even the ones that weren't from the FA. Like i mentioned in my OP, not many rooms asked me a challenging question. I wonder if they didn't ask me bc it wasnt warranted for the case, or if bc i already explained everything in my closure. My closures were kinda detailed...usually around 2-3 mins.

Also, except for 2 rooms, I finished all rooms with anywhere between 30 secs to 3 mins left. And for the 2 rooms, i finished exactly on time.

Let me know if you want to know more, ill be more than happy to answer any questions.

The whole experience was really smooth. You get there by 7:45, and your cases start around 8:45-8:50....and they run til around 3:15-3:20. I think 8 of the 12 cases were directly from the FA. I had 1 super weird case, but rest of them were straight forward, even the ones that weren't from the FA. Like i mentioned in my OP, not many rooms asked me a challenging question. I wonder if they didn't ask me bc it wasnt warranted for the case, or if bc i already explained everything in my closure. My closures were kinda detailed...usually around 2-3 mins.

Also, except for 2 rooms, I finished all rooms with anywhere between 30 secs to 3 mins left. And for the 2 rooms, i finished exactly on time.

Let me know if you want to know more, ill be more than happy to answer any questions.
Thank you so much for your experience, I really appreciate it, yes the challenging questions maybe since you were detailed in your closure they didn't have to ask you anything. Are you an IMG or AMG??

Yes me too. How long did you study for?

I studied for 3-4 weeks. I practiced all 44 cases with my wife as an SP, and then would type the note after the encounter. In total, i might have done around 50 cases from FA total, including repeats.

Hey I did my exam also in Atlanta a few days ago and the patients were really nice and I got only a few challenging questions as well. Lets hope for the best )

I think 12/12 of my cases had some special tag-line that I could tell was the "challenge" question/statement. It wasn't always a question but there was something said by each and every one that I could tell was fishing for me to respond to.

Similar examples were: "this makes me embarrassed", "do you think I will be able to ___ after this?"....those sorts of things. Not necessarily discrete questions that need answers, but you know it when you hear it

I think 12/12 of my cases had some special tag-line that I could tell was the "challenge" question/statement. It wasn't always a question but there was something said by each and every one that I could tell was fishing for me to respond to.

Similar examples were: "this makes me embarrassed", "do you think I will be able to ___ after this?"....those sorts of things. Not necessarily discrete questions that need answers, but you know it when you hear it

Where did you take this exam?

just a quick question about ATL center
I know they changed their location starting April exams
Can I bring in a full backpack (regular size) in the morning to the center? I'm wondering if the locker or locked space is big enough to put a backpack in ...

just a quick question about ATL center
I know they changed their location starting April exams
Can I bring in a full backpack (regular size) in the morning to the center? I'm wondering if the locker or locked space is big enough to put a backpack in ...

Sorry, Chicago tester here. But assuming they are all the same, there is ample room for a normal backpack in the storage room