another class question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nomorelaw

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I have another questio re: my classes. I am taking my pre-reqs at my local CC at night while practing law full-time. I have 2 W's one in trig. and one in algebra. I am taking trig. now w/ chem II, but I might have to withdraw from trig again b/c of work (I do a lot of criminal work at night court) and I miss classes. Will the schools understand the W's or should I just stick it out and get a C or B? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nomorelaw said:
OK, I have another questio re: my classes. I am taking my pre-reqs at my local CC at night while practing law full-time. I have 2 W's one in trig. and one in algebra. I am taking trig. now w/ chem II, but I might have to withdraw from trig again b/c of work (I do a lot of criminal work at night court) and I miss classes. Will the schools understand the W's or should I just stick it out and get a C or B? Thanks.

I had the same question about a year ago, except it was for dental schools instead of poditry school. I think the answer it is probably the same for most health professions. Several addmissions counselors told me that no matter what, i did not want a W in a pre-requisite class. my problem was with trig as well, and i was told to drop the math class, and finish the science strong. i think however that when schools see several W ( not that 3 is several) that trend may concern them. that is obvious. i think your being a practicing attorney working many hours per week, coupled with a b or c in trig will be just as impressive as some 20 year old single college kid who can get an a or b in trig. in short, i think i would stick with it, get the average grade, and make a point in your app and interview that you were practing law full time while attending school.

Math isn't a pre-req but it is factored into your GPA. I think you should stick it out and get a B or C. Your science GPA will matter alot. If you have a very good grade in Physics which requires some calculus, I don't think they would think too much about trig and etc.

Thanks for the replies. I will stick it out unless I tank the next exam.