Anesthesia with red flag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papillarymuscle

Reaction score
I have scavenged these forums for years trying to find a similar circumstance and now am reluctantly asking this (annoying) question.

US MD with very high USMLE scores, research, top of class standing. I have a red flag from when I was a juvenile (>10 years ago) where I was arrested for marijuana. However, the charge was dismissed without conviction. It was not a misdemeanor nor felony but the “Is there anything in your past history that would limit your ability to be licensed or would limit your ability to receive hospital privileges?” question may bite me despite it never showing up on background checks.

Although I was legally advised to say 'no', I feel I may be compelled to answer 'yes' given I am planning on applying anesthesia and withholding makes me nervous.

Therefore, I ask: how limited are my chances of matching given this red flag? Everyone always says that programs will be weary but I never hear actual experiences or PD opinions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

>10 years ago, no convictions, not on record, not on any background checks, legally advised to say no. No point reporting this at all and I dont see why you feel compelled to do so. Something this minor has no limitations on your ability to receive hospital privileges even if you took that statement quite literally.

Reactions: 2 users