General Admissions & OTCAS Anatomy pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mangoflow64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just finished applying to a few schools and finished my anatomy course with a B. ( -.- my grade was supposed to be a b+ but my prof is out of town so I may or may not be able to fight for it)

My pre-req grades for most schools overall are A, and A-.

I have not heard back from most schools and I'm getting worried that they are all waiting for that one grade ( some like Upitt and IU already asked for it)

I applied to BU, USC ( deferred), Pitt, UIC, WUSL, UWisc-Madison, NYU and Columbia, tufts, and IU

It seems like I am border line from acceptance. Do you guys think the anatomy grade will hurt my chances?

Also, do you guys know if USC will ask for my recent grades since i was deferred? really trying to avoid anything that will move the needle in the opposite direction :/

Members don't see this ad.

I think your grade is solid in a hard class. With that said, you have almost exclusively applied to very very competitive programs and those ranked in the top 10-20. I don't think it will hurt you but obviously an A looks best when comparing applicants.

I think your grade is solid in a hard class. With that said, you have almost exclusively applied to very very competitive programs and those ranked in the top 10-20. I don't think it will hurt you but obviously an A looks best when comparing applicants.

Thanks for the reply!
It actually happened to be that those are the majority of schools I had my pre reqs ready for. I don't have classes like.physics , chem , bio or communication classes so I was pretty limited

Might just re apply next year and take more courses next sem if I don't get accepted

Last edited:
I understand I was the same way searching for programs which I had met the prerequisites for. Although keep in mind most** schools will give acceptances with prerequisite courses still in progress so dont lose hope inner you'll get into more than you think.