Anatomy panic

SpartanDawg_4

Reaction score
Anatomy started today and I already feel overwhelmed. What’s the best most efficient way to do this?
How do I choose an Anki deck? Have some decent school made ones by someone a few years older than me that like up well with lectures. I’ve seen UMich, Dope, etc but don’t know if I should focus on decks that look like real bones like for a lab practical, or if I should focus on regular decks with drawings and the like (or do people make time for both?)
Or is Anki not the answer and I should use a different resource ??

Members don't see this ad.

You've got it! Might not feel like it, but you do. Your approach will depend on your goals... are you aiming for plastics at XXXX? Or do you want to do IM at your local program? Keep in mind, step 1 will be P/F by the time you take it.

UMICH IS AWESOME!!! Amboss is good but for the top 1% of med students IMO.

And know the brachial plexus...

Drawing helps SO MUCH in anatomy... even if you are not able to draw well, drawing it will help you immensely. I struggled but I made it, so please reach out if you ever need help :)

Reactions: 1 user
Ranatomy anki deck (cadaver deck)
UMich quizzes
Grey’s Anatomy Review for written exams

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was a M1 umich had amazing pics that showed the anatomy exceptionally and also really good MCQ. I am unsure if they are still there but if are they are gold. Once dissected nothing beats being down in that cold af dungeon seeing the anatomy and variance for itself. I am not a flash card learner so can’t advise there. Know the HY (actual high yield) junk first and foremost: action, innervation, blood supply.

If someone dislocated their shoulder, anteriorly, what nerve will be the most affected? What is the nerve roots for that nerve? What muscles does it innervate? As such what muscular actions would affected? What is the blood supply for the muscles? Any random oddities relevant to that nerve, muscle, or blood supply?

If you can go down your list and do that you’ll rock it

it’s overwhelming, there’s a lot, but repetition is king in Med school— especially anatomy.

good luck dude/ dudette
Thank you!! I will think through the stuff like that

You've got it! Might not feel like it, but you do. Your approach will depend on your goals... are you aiming for plastics at XXXX? Or do you want to do IM at your local program? Keep in mind, step 1 will be P/F by the time you take it.

Drawing helps SO MUCH in anatomy... even if you are not able to draw well, drawing it will help you immensely. I struggled but I made it, so please reach out if you ever need help :)
I really appreciate it! Will definitely start trying to draw it out (albeit badly lol)

Why do you think Amboss is really good for the top 1% of med students only?

Best advice I received was to find a deck that you think will work for you and stick with it. If you think the anatomy deck made at your school is thorough enough- do that one. That's what I did and it really helped. If not- download the other highly recommended decks and see which style you think you like better.

Once you start it will be overwhelming and might not feel like you're retaining the information. Keep going. It took me a couple weeks, feeling like nothing was actually getting into my brain, until suddenly things started to click. Then the more I did the more it all fit together. People told me this but I didn't really believe them but it's true- put in the work and eventually you'll start to actually learn it all. It will feel frustrating at first but push through it.

Spaced repetition is key, and you can do that by reading your notes and slides over again for a long period. Anki is the best way to hammer it down imo since it schedules the information for you

Texas tech has good quizzes for practicals