MD & DO Anatomy labs and Covid19?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scubascuba

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is your school doing anatomy?

Obviously our anatomy lab is closed so they are just having us watch online lectures and read textbooks but the information is not sticking very well. I really benefit from looking at the specimens and talking it over with other students. Is there a better online way to do anatomy?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ancient tradition:

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I recommend the Human Anatomy app, best on a larger screen like an iPad. Excellent 3D rendering of the human body, and it lets you dissect!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also interested in hearing different strategies for studying anatomy during Covid

Our school has the anatomy staff doing prosections on our cadavers and then making guided videos through each prosection. We also have a faculty approved anki deck using cadaver photos. We have a sign up sheet to come into the cadaver lab as long as we are only one person to a table (there are a lot of tables).

We're not. Good riddance, honestly.

I used the Complete Anatomy app a lot. My asthma flared badly in the lab so i found it easier to just do it that way. Plus teachmeanatomy

My school gave us pictures from bodies and we basically memorize them for the exam. We also have some dissection videos and another set of photos available.

Anatomy will never be favourite subject but I feel like if you memorize the written part well, eg "obturator nerve is medial to the psoas" or w/e, or the "right gastric artery comes off the proper hepatic" and see enough photos, you start to put 2 and 2 together and it sticks decently.

Use Essential Anatomy. A lot of schools have been moving towards doing this stuff using iPad and apps anyway (some have even cut dissection labs from the curriculum and teach using prosections).