Amcas activity that I quit date mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulReaver69

Reaction score
Im in an interesting situation. I was volunteering for an activity that I listed on amcas for 180 hours and only finished around 50 ( not including the extensive training). I decided to quit because it was not for me and I replaced it with another volunteer activity. My biggest issue is that I made a mistake when writing the dates involved on amcas. I intended to write 08/18-09/19 but accidently wrote 08/18-/09/18. It was an honest mistake and I was trying to convey that these hours will be prospective. Would this be something schools contact ECs for? Can this rescind accceptances that I am waiting for?

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't something you need to worry about. Send a quick e-mail starting you made a mistake and clarifying that the hours are prospective. No biggie.

Would it be normal to send this so late in the cycle as I wait for acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not likely to be a big deal but best to inform schools just in case they verify the activity and discover that you didn't do that many hours up through Sept 2018.

Reactions: 1 user
Not likely to be a big deal but best to inform schools just in case they verify the activity and discover that you didn't do that many hours up through Sept 2018.

Sure thing. Another question I had was is it possible for schools to contact these references later down the line in medical school (like m3/m4 year). If this were to occur could I just show proof that I made up the remaining hours for a different volunteer orginzation?

Sure thing. Another question I had was is it possible for schools to contact these references later down the line in medical school (like m3/m4 year). If this were to occur could I just show proof that I made up the remaining hours for a different volunteer orginzation?
I would find that highly unlikely. Schools are not playing "gotcha" with their current students; I think that they have other fish to fry.

I would find that highly unlikely. Schools are not playing "gotcha" with their current students; I think that they have other fish to fry.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it. This problem was stressing me out so much and I feel much better ahaha.