Amazon Pharmacy is here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

This is the beginning of the end of CVS and Walgreens. There will be many layoffs coming. Pre-pharms, I hope some of you see this before the student mod censors this to the hidden forum.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
And no...Amazon will not respect you the same it does its engineers. As a pharmacist you’ll be treated on the same level as it’s warehouse employees.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get them excited. Now they'll think more jobs will be available because amazon will be hiring pharmacists and it'll be in demand.

Members don't see this ad :)
And no...Amazon will not respect you the same it does its engineers. As a pharmacist you’ll be treated on the same level as it’s warehouse employees.
Amazon doesn't even respect their own engineers.

I was curios to check out the prices on some meds, but they won't show it until you actually transfer the prescriptions

Oh look the thread got moved

;
This is the beginning of the end of CVS and Walgreens. There will be many layoffs coming. Pre-pharms, I hope some of you see this before the student mod censors this to the hidden forum.
I agree, I am surprised there aren't more people commenting on this thread. This will really be the end of small business pharmacy, the giants will stay alive with the store front items and serve as a local grocery.

Amazon doesn't even respect their own engineers.
You get over worked. But it might be worth it

160k for entry level.
220k sde2

160k for entry level.
220k sde2

A big part of those salaries are "stock grants" and bonuses. Im not sure what stock grants are exactly. Still, the base pay looks pretty good, but we also need to consider where the jobs are. Cost of living makes all the difference.

A big part of those salaries are "stock grants" and bonuses. Im not sure what stock grants are exactly. Still, the base pay looks pretty good, but we also need to consider where the jobs are. Cost of living makes all the difference.
Exactly, I have heard Amazon engineers are over worked like retail pharmacist. Lots of these salaries have stock and bonuses included into their package thus number looks high. Base pay is usually around 120-160 K.And yes COL offset their salaries.

You get AMZN stock as part of your employee package? Yes please!

Anyone under bezos is disrespected. There was a Times article a few years ago about managers at corporate being berated for not answering petty texts at 2 a.m. There are security checks and pat downs in some warehouses before one can check out for the federally mandated 15 minute break.
Amazon runs at a loss with its merchandise and warehouses, using unlimited investor capital and big contracts from the federal security agencies to store their data and sell ours. Amazon probably doesn't expect a profit on their pharmacy operations and doesn't need it.

160k for entry level.
220k sde2

lmao CVS pharmacists get paid pretty well but that doesn't stop them from complaining about not getting a bathroom break

Exactly, I have heard Amazon engineers are over worked like retail pharmacist. Lots of these salaries have stock and bonuses included into their package thus number looks high. Base pay is usually around 120-160 K.And yes COL offset their salaries.
Because of covid you can work anywhere in the USA. I am not sure what amazon's plan is but most tech firms like facebook, twitter, reddit will let their engineers work remote as long as they want. Fb will do col adjustments but reddit isn't. So you can collect a silicon valley salary somewhere in wyoming. I suspect amazon will let engineers wfh for good. I guess we will see what they do about COL.

Because of covid you can work anywhere in the USA. I am not sure what amazon's plan is but most tech firms like facebook, twitter, reddit will let their engineers work remote as long as they want. Fb will do col adjustments but reddit isn't. So you can collect a silicon valley salary somewhere in wyoming. I suspect amazon will let engineers wfh for good. I guess we will see what they do about COL.
I am aware of it. I don’t know about Reddit but yeah all other companies are reducing salaries if you were to move out of Bay Area. I am sure Amazon would do same, I don’t see why wouldnt they do that lol plus lot of their workers are on work visa so by law they can’t move away from their work location so they don’t have option like rest of us.

Ysa so 160k starting plus stock? Or 120k plus 40k in stock (as example)
That’s correct. for example if they were to offer 300 K a year that, it would be 160 base + 20 bonus + 120 stocks. These are just random number but this is how their offers are. Every year that offer goes up lol Disclaimer - I am talking about engineer salaries, I don’t know if they offer such packages to their pharmacist. I doubt...

I am aware of it. I don’t know about Reddit but yeah all other companies are reducing salaries if you were to move out of Bay Area. I am sure Amazon would do same, I don’t see why wouldnt they do that lol plus lot of their workers are on work visa so by law they can’t move away from their work location so they don’t have option like rest of us.
I doubt amazon would pay their engineers less if they move. They have been hiring engineers in seattle, silicon valley, northern virginia and most recently nashville and they all get similar salaries. But we will see what their wfh plan is. Many companies aren't outright reducing salaries but rather just creating a remote region with its own pay scale.

Ysa so 160k starting plus stock? Or 120k plus 40k in stock (as example)
Depends on how you negotiate it. Amazon might not budge much on base but they will increase your stock if you ask.

lmao CVS pharmacists get paid pretty well but that doesn't stop them from complaining about not getting a bathroom break

Unless you're making enough money to retire in 3-5 years, I'd say that's a pretty valid complaint.