Am I wasting my time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrouz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that many of the visitors to this website are extermly competetive AOA type students. I think that is wonderful and I wish you all of the best. I however am not AOA, I passed all of my first 2year classes and have an average on STEP 1. My third year clerkships are all HP/Honors. Basically Do I have a chance in Hell? Or am I wasting everyones time?

Members don't see this ad.

first off go to urologymatch.com it is a better website for those interested in urology. you will notice that not everyone who matches is AOA and killer boards. in fact, there are numerous success stories like you, not AOA and ok boards. get some good letters and do some research. do away electives and rock them. most of all, be realistic. Your scores will likely not get you interviews at the top programs. Talk to you school's program chair if there is one. come up with a realistic list of places to apply to, target some and do electives there. i matched and was not AOA, I had some research and good letters. It can be done.

teamdick said:
first off go to urologymatch.com it is a better website for those interested in urology. you will notice that not everyone who matches is AOA and killer boards. in fact, there are numerous success stories like you, not AOA and ok boards. get some good letters and do some research. do away electives and rock them. most of all, be realistic. Your scores will likely not get you interviews at the top programs. Talk to you school's program chair if there is one. come up with a realistic list of places to apply to, target some and do electives there. i matched and was not AOA, I had some research and good letters. It can be done.

TeamDick:
Thank you for the sincere feedback and the link. I sincerely appreciate your taking time out and directing me in a productive direction.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are wasting your time, not because of your qualifications, but because the penis really isn't all that cool.

I am kidding. You can benefit from the early match thing. Apply to urology and general surgery and if you do not match in urology take your general surgery intern year and apply again next year. Two gen surgery residents both matched into urology during this year's match. Dont give up on your dream!

scholes said:
You are wasting your time, not because of your qualifications, but because the penis really isn't all that cool.

I am kidding. You can benefit from the early match thing. Apply to urology and general surgery and if you do not match in urology take your general surgery intern year and apply again next year. Two gen surgery residents both matched into urology during this year's match. Dont give up on your dream!

1. You're wrong, the penis is cool. :cool:
2. I dig your signature; "OR they?" Love that movie!

r/
Spang

scholes said:
Two gen surgery residents both matched into urology during this year's match.

I am ******ed. I am sure more than two gen surgery residents matched into urology. What I meant to say is that both urology spots at my school went to two in house gen surg residents.