Am I ready for step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onetimeuser0

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty conflicted about whether to take CK next week or delay it and would really appreciate any advice. I'm taking a month off and have been studying for 3 weeks so far but have been very unproductive due to fatigue/burnout. I did about 1-2 blocks of random uworld sets a day with usually 60-80% correct. I took UWSA2 2 weeks ago and got 243, then UWSA1 last week and got 243 again (but was half asleep and missed some really easy questions on review). Currently halfway through uworld with ~700 questions left on medicine, ~200 each for OB and peds, and ~100 for surgery. I'm aiming for >245 on the actual exam and have been beating myself up for not being more motivated to study and not even being close to finishing uworld. Has anyone known people in similar situations and can share what they did? Everything I've read/heard so far is that uworld must be finished, twice even better. Delaying would be difficult as my schedule is full after next week and I don't know if I would be more motivated to study later. And if I went ahead and took the exam, what would be the most productive during the next few days I have left? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From your post I get the sense that you feel like you want to delay the exam yourself but are scared to for some reason. You have about roughly a little less than half of uworld left and you sound like you want to finish it twice. You are doing 2 blocks a day and scoring 243 with 60-80% especially with doing only half of uworld - that is a lot of peoples dreams and that is pretty productive contrary to what you have said. Stop being so hard on yourself and be grateful and count your blessings. With that being said, if you are an IMG then definitely take time off to rest first and recover for a few days and then study for it properly to ensure the grade you so desire. If you're an AMG, then its up to you because 243 is a competitive score for most residencies but maybe not for super competitive specialties. Also do USWA2 and see how you do there closer to your exam date and then maybe work on your weaknesses. I hope that helps. Good luck!

From your post I get the sense that you feel like you want to delay the exam yourself but are scared to for some reason. You have about roughly a little less than half of uworld left and you sound like you want to finish it twice. You are doing 2 blocks a day and scoring 243 with 60-80% especially with doing only half of uworld - that is a lot of peoples dreams and that is pretty productive contrary to what you have said. Stop being so hard on yourself and be grateful and count your blessings. With that being said, if you are an IMG then definitely take time off to rest first and recover for a few days and then study for it properly to ensure the grade you so desire. If you're an AMG, then its up to you because 243 is a competitive score for most residencies but maybe not for super competitive specialties. Also do USWA2 and see how you do there closer to your exam date and then maybe work on your weaknesses. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I did end up taking it (before I saw your post) because I couldn't imagine studying any more and scored >245. I mainly reviewed things on the last 2 days and didn't go back to do more uworld. I'm very surprised with my score and thankful to be done with the test!

Reactions: 1 user