Am I competitive for audiology at Wayne state university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laylam

Reaction score
I can only apply to Wayne State university Aud program because I can not move. However, is it worth spending money on pre reqs for one school and not be competitive enough? I didnt graduate with a CSD or have any experience

Undergraduate gpa: 3.6 BS in biology
Graduate gpa: 3.8 masters in biology
Gre ( low) took in 2012: 301 and writing is 4 and when I retook it I got way lower

I was thinking of taking prereqs this year and shadow an audiologist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are going to need to take the pre-reqs that program requires to even have a shot at their program. I would also suggest you get some good letters of recommendation from previous professors or from your pre-req CSD course professors and one from shadowing an audiologist. The other important thing is going to be a strong personal statement for why you want to be an audiologist and what unique things you bring to the program. I would be sure to mention the more rigorous academic background and difficulties from a hard science undergraduate and graduate degree.

You are going to need to take the pre-reqs that program requires to even have a shot at their program. I would also suggest you get some good letters of recommendation from previous professors or from your pre-req CSD course professors and one from shadowing an audiologist. The other important thing is going to be a strong personal statement for why you want to be an audiologist and what unique things you bring to the program. I would be sure to mention the more rigorous academic background and difficulties from a hard science undergraduate and graduate degree.
Thank you! ya Im planning on taking the pre-reqs starting this fall online. I was just not sure if it is worth it if I am not competitive enough and spend so much money. They do look at undergraduate gpa very highly. I will be getting recommendations from my upper class professors and an audiologist that I will be shadowing soon. As for the personal statement I am working on that, and hopefully it will be strong enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user