Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luvpeds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone interviewed at or is doing residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, PA and has some input about the program. The pros and cons. If you were to do it over again would you choose Einstein Medical Center to do your residency. If you had interviewed there, what was the day like and did you get a good feel for the program.
The reason why I ask is because I have another interview the day after that interview and its in buffalo, NY and since buffalo has a dinner the night before and the flight will not make it in time, I was thinking about canceling my Einstein interview, but if I receive good feedback about it I will keep the interview and miss the dinner.
Thanks ahead for anyone who write back. Please help me solve my problem

Members don't see this ad.

Just as a personal advice; I dont think it's wise to cancel an interview just because you dont want to miss the dinner before the interview at another place. The only time it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to go to dinner is if that certain place is one of your top choices.
On the other hand, if you are the applicant that have plently of interview offers, then it doesn't really matter if you cancel places you are not that interested.
AEMD, is a small center, I think they accept 6 residents per year. Faculty is really friendly and like to teach and PD is amazing. Its a place with emphazis on general pediatrics. You can get good letters of rec for a future fellowship. Cons: Small program, community (not university based), neighborhood, not so fancy hospital.

Hope that helps :)