Advice request: Submit ERAS or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eggnotok

Reaction score
Hello,

I need advice please. I am applying for FM this year, but have not taken COMLEX Level 2 yet.

In addition, I am still waiting on a couple letters to be submitted. Currently, I only have 1 FM letter and 1 character letter.

Should I still apply by Sept 27th or wait until my scores return late Oct? I am worried that I'll be autoscreened if I have a missing Level 2 score. I was thinking about applying to programs that do not require a Level 2 score to be invited for interviews, but even this is hard to ascertain. I have mainly been using Residency Explorer to look up programs.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Just my 2 cents as another 4th year, but I'd submit it. My impression has been it's better to have the application done "on time" with missing pieces than to have a complete application submitted late. Some programs might filter you out, but that means some might not. All of the things you're missing you can add in later and send updates to programs you're interested in you haven't heard from. Please someone chime in who knows more than me though lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Having interviewed applicants from this side, lack of comlex 2 scores happen. Let it catch up. It’s not going to stop you from getting interviews. As long as it’s in before the rank meeting. Not having all the letter would stop you from getting interviews. But then again it would put you on the incomplete list not autoscreened out. Once they caught up then your app would be looked at for offering interviews. Can you reach out to your writers to remind them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Having interviewed applicants from this side, lack of comlex 2 scores happen. Let it catch up. It’s not going to stop you from getting interviews. As long as it’s in before the rank meeting. Not having all the letter would stop you from getting interviews. But then again it would put you on the incomplete list not autoscreened out. Once they caught up then your app would be looked at for offering interviews. Can you reach out to your writers to remind them?
Yes, I will definitely reach out to remind them. That makes me feel better because the thing I was most worried about was getting autoscreened for no comlex 2 score. Thank you for your advice!

Just my 2 cents as another 4th year, but I'd submit it. My impression has been it's better to have the application done "on time" with missing pieces than to have a complete application submitted late. Some programs might filter you out, but that means some might not. All of the things you're missing you can add in later and send updates to programs you're interested in you haven't heard from. Please someone chime in who knows more than me though lol.
Thank you for your advice. I think you have a great point. As I was doing more research on programs, some of the ones I came across had deadlines a day or two after Sept 27th. I'm not sure how many other programs are like that, but that means it's better to apply on time.

Reactions: 1 user