Advice for OAT Studying?

preod

Reaction score
Hey!
I just finished my second year of university and currently I don't meet all the requirements for optometry so I am planning to write the OAT next summer so I can use this school year to get more experience, course requirements etc.

Since I have this free time, I thought I could get started on making notes for the OAT. I bought the Kaplan prep book but I am thinking about returning that and buying Chad instead. Any and all advice on how I could use this summer effectively and how to go about studying would be super beneficial.
(for more context, I believe I am the weakest at orgo and physics).

Members don't see this ad.

I have a post thats more lengthy about what I did so if you want to read that its on my profile! But I wrote some stuff in summary of that!!

The Kaplan book didnt do much for me at all. It was wayyy too much to deal with!! Chad was my savior and his videos gave me everything I needed for orgo and chem. His physics videos were also good but for practice questions for physics I went to the dat bootcamp website and used their free physics section(dat doesn't have physics but they have the physics section for OAT students). Those questions were great and the physics sections are organized very well on that website. I also ordered the oat destroyer but I only used it for physics, math, some of chem, some of bio. It's orgo section was a little too much for me. For Bio I used the DAT bootcamp biology notes and read 2 chapters a day took a few notes and memorized them. It helped a lot and my highest score was Biology because of those helpful notes.

Good luck preparing!!

Reactions: 1 user