Admissions!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reds

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends

I am back from Upenn interview. went ok (got to wait and see)

Thanks Guru for your advice.

I got 94 in part 1, did't take part II yet. mailed the application for Boston U. they are saying they might call me some time in Jan. kinda curious to know, what is the selection criteria in Boston, and how many seats do they have. please advice if anyone of you have attended boston interview.

Any other schools I can apply

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Reds

I'm glad your UPenn date went O.K. Just keep on praying and hope for the best. How was Dr. Lopez ?..........mmmmh?I believe you'll say she's something else. Who were your other 2 interviewers? 'Cos I know you get interviewed by 3 members of the panel.

As per Boston ,I think you also stand a good chance with your part 1 scores.....and honestly you'll probably stand a better chance if you'd taken your part 2. Notwithstanding ,I'll still advise you to hope for the best. I had my interview in Boston the day after my UPenn interview.You're interviewed by 1 member of the panel and for this year they are taking up to 65 adv standing students. Selection criteria is based on your board scores, Toefl scores,past and present dental experience,your personalty and so on. In Boston ,just like most other schools though, admission is on a rolling basis ,which means the earlier the better.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot Guru for the info

I called Boston, they told me they might call me in January for the interview. some one else was saying Boston will release the list in december end. will they fill all the 65 in december or whats the criteria. my GPA and Toefl are good. Just getting little tensed.

What other schools can I apply(other than LLU,UCLA).

Thanks again and Good Luck to you and every one

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Reds

I know there is a list coming out in December at Boston. Even if they make a list of 65 already, there are still gonna be people that are gonna opt out due to one reason or the other . A good example are people that will end up with multiple admissions ,..........they are only gonna opt for one and drop the other(s). Thereby creating spaces for people.
I know a girl that was taken in both Tufts and Boston last year, she opted for Tufts therefore relinquishing the Boston slot.......So I'm preety sure that January interviewees still has a good chance especially due to the fact that session does not commence until August '03.

Keep praying.

GURU,
I would like to get in touch with this friend of yours who is going to TUFTS? Would you ask her if its ok for you to give me her email id?
Thanks,
s

Hi Saravs,

I only met her at my interview at Tufts. I didn't really take her info.