admissions process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davril

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering how long it takes to go though the admissions process at sgu, since i just sent in an application. i was told that it is not too late for admissions for aug.

so, if anyone can give me an idea about how long it will take to now if i have an interview and after the interview when they will let me know if i am accepted or not, i would appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

davril:
If memory serves, I sent out my application around late Feb, early March, also for the Aug. class. I was contacted for an interview in May and actually had my interview on memorial day weekend.I found out I was accepted in late June. Good luck!

Even if you couldn't get it in for the Aug class, you are aware that they have a Jan class, right? If you let them know you're interested, they'll put you on top of the list for the Jan class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend who was told he qualified for an interview at SGU. He was given the name of the doctor who was suppossed to interview him, but each time he tries to set up an appointment, the doctor makes an excuse and says he'll call back and doesn't. Three weeks have now passed and he's still been unable to set up the interview. He's called the school, but they just told him to keep trying. What should he do? Did anyone else have such problems?

I've never heard of this happening to someone I know, but I've heard of this happening to people on this board.

If persistance isn't the key, I'd ask Bay Shore to get you another interviewer.

In 96, I got an interview set up for me by Bay Shore. I didn't even call them, I just showed up because it was all scheduled for me. I think my interview was around April or May as well.