Adding Letters of Recommendation Now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdphd?

Reaction score
Hi, I am an MD/PhD applicant in the current cycle.

I started a new research job in July and have been pretty helpful/active/productive since then. My advisors (2) have agreed to furnish some LOR. I have only 1 research letter as of now (albeit from a 2-year position I was very productive in).

This obviously must vary by institution, so I wanted to poll some AdCom members. If submitted within the next ~2 weeks, would these letters be of interest?

I have ~25 programs to hear from, but I submitted in July/August so I have likely been scored.

Would your programs be interested in hearing from new recommenders? @Goro @LizzyM @Fencer @Moko @gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

We only accept letters through the AMCAS letter service.
Thanks! To clarify, I would be sending these through AMCAS.

I am glad to know adding contact information is permitted (I have sent some update letters with this included).

Members don't see this ad :)
Occasionally, I receive a LOR from a new PI (after application submission). I do know that some programs would not accept them. The email is directly to me. However, they could be distributed via AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 users