Other Addendum to negative final residency evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPT_L31

Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I left residency in Dec 2017 in lieu of termination. The final evaluation was very negative and has been the major roadblock to returning to residency. I have excellent letters however that hasn't really helped. I was thinking about this the other day and wondering about it. So any guidance would be appreciated, perhaps one of you has done this before.

Would it be possible to get a PD amendment to his original note saying he noted I was taking the right steps or that he rescinds his original comments? I know it would be hard since he hasn't witnessed them, but I'm hoping maybe the evaluations may show it.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

What to say, I have not been the subject of your situation but I know people who’ve been the subject of a “malignant PD” and how that can ruin careers. Unfortunately, when you partially complete training bc of leaving or being dismissed I guess the advise is to do your utmost effort within reason to try and appease things as much as possible with your PD bc those evaluations close doors for you for the rest of your life unfortunately.

Now that everything is said and done you can try and reach out in a nice manner and try to apologize for anything that may have been wrong on your end. Be extremely humble and explain how you’ve changed from whatever the circumstances were from where you left/got dismissed (any solid proof as to your personal improvements such as social work or some kind of proof of therapy) and how this final eval has affected your life and if there’s any possibility that he can give you a chance at an amendment or some kind of letter certifying that although your termination/leave was not in best terms that you have proven interest to improve yourself as evidenced by x or y and that any interested party could/should give you a chance or something like that..

For that to happen you really need to go onwith low expectations and truckloads of humility. It may not fly, but I feel a chance at your career is worth trying anything.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.